doesnt like savoury food!

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
lucy is not a fan of the veg jars or anything like that she keeps clamping her lips together, i think i went wrong because i gave her fruit as one of her first foods so the difference in taste is obvious and i can only get a few spoonfuls in her? anyone have any ideas on how i can get her to eat these things?:dohh:

alternate between a spoonful of fruit and the other, works sometimes with Hannah

I started with applesauce... and Any veggies I tried I mixed with rice cereal first and then gave it seperately

yes my son is like this. his first tastes were both fruit and veg but for some reason he has decided that the sweeter side of life is better. i do manage to get sweet potato down him though. have you tried that? maybe just shove a few peas or beans in and puree them. finlay refuses veg stuff from jars but then again i tried one recently and i'm not surprised. it tasted horrendous! fussy little blighters eh?

Pops was like this as I started her on pears but she now likes carrots and sweetcorn mixed. Maybe you could try this?

I used to mix apple or something sweet like butternut squash in with other veg for Sam at first - that way he was getting veg but it still tasted a bit sweet. Apple and carrot is surprisingly nice :lol: ...and you can gradually decrease the amount of sweeter veg once she's eating it x

I agree with trying sweet potato.ophelia used to be the same with loving sweet things.
What we did is start with the sweet potato and then start mixing other veggies into it and then move onto having the other veggies on their own.
Thats what worked for us anyway xxx

thanks guys i will try your ways and see whay works going shopping tomorrow so will stock up!:thumbup:

Another thing to try is different temperatures, when he was just starting out my baby would eat warm veg better but now he doesn't mind what temperature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->