Doing Santa/tooth fairy/Easter bunny with your LO?

i dont think its lying to your kids either. i dont really like that statement, its just about magic, plain and simple!

Yes for Santa and Tooth Fairy. Undecided on EB.

I am a Christian and believe Jesus is the reason for the season. I don't see the harm in doing Santa; though - my parents taught us from the beginning that Santa isn't real, and I kind of wish I'd got to "experience" Santa.....

Again with the Tooth Fairy; my mom thinks fairies in any form are bad juju, so we had the Tooth Hippo. :shrug:

I don't see the harm in it, but I think the EB is pointless. Lane will definitely be raised that Easter is about Jesus' resurrection (she'll still get a basket). In that regard, we will also be teaching her about Jesus/Christmas.

:haha: The Tooth Hippo :) I just had a mental image of a hippo leaving money under your pillow :haha:

I'm surprised that a hippo thundering into my room didn't wake me up, lol.

When we lived in South America, where there are no hippos, we had the Tooth Iguana. I would have much preferred a fairy :haha:

Of course I will be doing it all, it's all part of childhood magic and innocence!

Yes for Santa and Tooth Fairy. Undecided on EB.

I am a Christian and believe Jesus is the reason for the season. I don't see the harm in doing Santa; though - my parents taught us from the beginning that Santa isn't real, and I kind of wish I'd got to "experience" Santa.....

My parents are pretty religious. We did Santa as well, but every Christmas Eve we'd have to act out the Christmas Story from the bible using the pieces from our nativity set. I did finally find out on my own that Santa wasn't real but when that happened I'd remember doing the Christmas Story and it kinda made sense. Since I was a kid and incredibly greedy at the time I wasn't that concerned if Santa was real or not - just if the presents were going to keep coming each year. :dohh: :rofl:

We will do all of it, although with Claire's stuff going on she really doesn't understand a lot of it like other kids would. She gets Christmas and Santa but past that its kind of over her head. Kinda makes me sad, I love love LOVE seeing all the Elf on the Shelf posts that my friends are posting on Facebook but she wouldn't get it and it'd just upset her that she couldn't touch/play with the elf.

I won't be doing it. My parents didn't do it with me and I didn't feel like I missed out on anything. I want Maria's Christmas to be magical too but I want it to be a magic that doesn't go away when she finds out the truth.

I still love christmas even after finding out "the truth".

The EB one is not huge in our house, we talk about the bunny but its not a big deal like santa and they dont question it etc. I dont think they over think it to be honest as we dont do much for easter!

EB definitely doesn't get the same merit/credit that Santa does in our house either. Tbh, its just an excuse to hide chocolate and small gifts around the house to watch her look around for them.

I don't know of anyone that was really scarred by finding out that Santa wasn't real.

I do, and she's still bitter about it to this day. :shrug:

It's a little silly though. I mean, as you grow up, you learn that Santa isn't real. I don't feel any resentment towards anyone about it. It was just another one of those things. I love the magic behind it :)

I agree with you 100%. To me its a fun tradition and its not anything to get all worked up over. I personally don't understand it and she got pretty irritated with me when I asked her why. :wacko:

I don't know if it was over actual Santa Claus, or the thought of her parents lying to her. :shrug:

ETA - Like as in, sad that Santa isn't real OR the fact that her parents lied.

Parents lie about a lot of things. It's not a bad thing though. Sometimes, it's to protect our children from bad things or hearing things before they are mentally ready to comprehend them. I wonder if it runs deeper than just Santa.

Pretty certain it does. :haha: I didn't really get that into it with her as she was legit upset about it and if I'm honest it was kind of awkward.

I know someone that believed right up till secondary school. The other kids fair took the mick lol

I don’t plan to. We can “play” Santa. We did that at my house. We always knew Santa wasn’t real, never really believed he was, but it was fun to “play” like Santa was coming. The tooth fairy the same way. Don’t plan on doing the Easter bunny though.

I’m Catholic, and I intend to make our beliefs a big part of Christmas and Easter, because to me that is what Christmas and Easter are about!

We won't be doing it. We've decided that we don't want to make our kids believe in something that isn't real. My parents really laid it on thick with the Santa thing with my little sister...and she believed it 100% until she was about 12. When she finally realized he wasn't real, she was really devastated and was upset for months that our parents had lied to her all her life. I don't want that to happen to my kids.

We'll probably still play at these things, but only as long as they know that Santa, the tooth fairy, Easter bunny, etc are not actually real people/beings. I want the holidays to be fun for them, but not at the expense of their trust.

I have never looked back and thought my parents lied to me about santa :S ever! I loveeeee the magic of santa!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->