Dong Quai for Cycle Regulation?

RbnsNCrls02

Growing Bean
Reaction score
Hello Ladies!!

I am a new and excited member of this site and I was hoping to see if anyone has had any success shortening/regulating their cycles with dong quai? My cycles are around 40 days long every month and I heard some good things about this herb while at my local whole foods market.

Thank you so much!!

Hi there,

I used Dong Quai a while back and I did find it helped. I have PCOS and my cycles were all over the place, couldn't predict them at all. I tried agnus castus then starflower but neither really seemed to do anything. Lucky for me my DH ran a health shop and he did some research at work and suggested Dong Quai.

It took my cycles from being totally unpredictable to a more stable 40-50 days. I know that's not much better than what you have at the moment, but for me it was a definite improvement!

I think it's worth giving it a try, but remember natural remedies need a few months to really get into your system. The only downside with DQ is you can only take it for a certain amount of time - I think the recommended advice is to give it a rest after 6 months. Best to chat with the person at your health shop and/or do a bit of research at home. I found my cycles remained fairly stable for a couple of years; it's only recently they're starting to get quite long again (60+) and I would definitely try it again if we weren't about to start clomid in a few months' time. You can't take it whilst TTC I don't think (again, best to ask!) and possibly an idea to not take it after ovulation because I think it makes your womb contract.

Sorry I'm a bit hazy on the details! But I liked it, gets a :thumbup: from me

Good luck!

Hi there,

I used Dong Quai a while back and I did find it helped. I have PCOS and my cycles were all over the place, couldn't predict them at all. I tried agnus castus then starflower but neither really seemed to do anything. Lucky for me my DH ran a health shop and he did some research at work and suggested Dong Quai.

It took my cycles from being totally unpredictable to a more stable 40-50 days. I know that's not much better than what you have at the moment, but for me it was a definite improvement!

I think it's worth giving it a try, but remember natural remedies need a few months to really get into your system. The only downside with DQ is you can only take it for a certain amount of time - I think the recommended advice is to give it a rest after 6 months. Best to chat with the person at your health shop and/or do a bit of research at home. I found my cycles remained fairly stable for a couple of years; it's only recently they're starting to get quite long again (60+) and I would definitely try it again if we weren't about to start clomid in a few months' time. You can't take it whilst TTC I don't think (again, best to ask!) and possibly an idea to not take it after ovulation because I think it makes your womb contract.

Sorry I'm a bit hazy on the details! But I liked it, gets a :thumbup: from me

Good luck!
how long did it take for the dong quai to have an affect on you. thank you

I would say around 2-3 months, maybe slightly less. Hope it works for you :)

Thank you so much Smiler82 for the great information. =) I will be patient and wait for it to help with my cycles.

Did you find that it made your AF any heavier?

No worries glad I could help :)

I don't recall it made my periods any heavier; though mine are usually quite heavy to start with anyway :wacko:

me too!! oh good, thank you so much!! And best of luck with the clomid. I hear it can work pretty fast for a lot of couples who are TTC and I remember learning in school that its pretty effective with PCOS. How exciting =)

Thanks! I'm only allowed 3 months to start with but feeling hopeful :) really hope the dong quai works for you and things settle into a better pattern, having long cycles is such a pain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->