dont drink water

dizzyisacow

wife,mother & myself
Reaction score
ok so i dont drink water ever, i have 2-3 sodas a day and 4? coffees and junk food, i was looking for info about what side effects this can have on your body but all i found is if you drink coffee to drink alot of water, i havent had water on its own for months. what exactly will happen to my body if i continue like this?
(a few years ago i had bad water retention , my shoes didnt fit! high blood pressure, heartburn, couldnt breath very well when i layed down but doctor said it was because i gained weight, and i did but could it have been the lack of water?) im overweight but not severly so.
:blush:

You could just generaly make yourself ill. If you dont like plain water try drinking some herbal tea or some juice

Yes sounds like you are dehydrated,the body needs water to function.Coffee is a diretic so basically goes through you,your kidneys and other organs NEED water.You could be really damaging your body,could you not add squash to some water if you dont like the taste?
I personally love a nice big glass of cold water,really refreshing

Yes sounds like you are dehydrated,the body needs water to function.Coffee is a diretic so basically goes through you,your kidneys and other organs NEED water.You could be really damaging your body,could you not add squash to some water if you dont like the taste?
I personally love a nice big glass of cold water,really refreshing

i also get headaches and read this could be from dehydration.. ill try my best to drink it.. today i had a small bottle of water 2 coffees and 2 sodas so not too bad

Drinking water keeps your body hydrated, your body needs water to keep your skin and internal organs functioning properly. Water aids in flushing out all of the toxins in your body, and lack there of can lead to severe dehydration. (Trust me, I don’t drink water *much* either and have had to have Iv’s stuck in my hands more than once.)

Your body is made of of about 95% water so when you sweat, there goes water, or when you urinate or defecate even, so not replenishing that water can be harmful, especially if you don’t drink water, and you replace that liquid with caffeine which makes you more dehydrated.

Mild dehydration symptoms include:

Thirst
Loss of Appetite
Dry Skin
Skin Flushing
Dark Colored Urine
Dry Mouth
Fatigue or Weakness
Chills
Head Rushes

If the dehydration is allowed to continue unabated, when the total fluid loss reaches 5% the following effects of dehydration are normally experienced:

Increased heart rate
Increased respiration
Decreased sweating
Decreased urination
Increased body temperature
Extreme fatigue
Muscle cramps
Headaches
Nausea
Tingling of the limbs

When the body reaches 10% fluid loss emergency help is needed IMMEDIATELY! 10% fluid loss and above is often fatal! Symptoms of severe dehydration include:

Muscle spasms
Vomiting
Racing pulse
Shriveled skin
Dim vision
Painful urination
Confusion
Difficulty breathing
Seizures
Chest and Abdominal pain
Unconsciousness

Anyways hope that helped some, just some of the helpful things that are drilled into our heads in the Army. :D I seriously hate water though, but I found that mixing it with things like Crystal Light helps me stay somewhat hydrated, and has been keeping them from sticking me again! :D

The headaches could be from too much caffeine - it does that to me. If you don't like plain water try buying flavoured water, or water flavouring packets. Gatorade/Powerade and tea lightly sweetened with honey and a bit of milk if you like would also work.

Not drinking can also make you feel hungry when in fact, you're thirsty.

So if you find that you tend to eat alot or get rather 'peckish' during the day, try having a glass of water (or juice), wait 15mins and see whether your 'hunger' has gone.

A good way to introduce more fluid into your day is drink whenever you have something to eat. If you usually have a coffee with your dinner, still have it but also have a glass of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->