• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Don't have a clue what i'm doing- feeding

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Ok so breakfast isn't a problem, Oliver happilly devours baby porridge and a piece of toast, for lunch he will have fruit puree and fromage frias. Snacks he will have Organix carrot stix or pieces of apple, banana, cucumber etc. Tea time is a nightmare! I've tried home made dinners, and jarred dinners in every flavour and brand and i just cannot get him to eat any..he just screams at me and spits it out! He was eating them fine, but for the past month-since i introduced stage 2 dinners, he just isn't interested.. So has anyone else experienced this and if so any ideas? I havent a clue what i'm doing. He will happilly eat fruity things and sandwhiches and puddings. But nothing substantial for tea time. Because he's so hungry i have to give him something sweet. Which isnt filling enough because then he wakes up in the night for a bottle..I am soo tired of feedin him through the night and dealing with his tantrums, not sure what to do? I feel exhausted. He wakes at 11pm for a feed then again at 3am and then wakes to get up at 4:30! He usually has 3 6oz bottles a day..then he'll have another 2 in the night! I've tried increasing his meal sizes, and he just cnt manage them. I feel like a bad mum because i dont feel like im feedin him the right things. x

ok, what i would do is instead of trying to make your son have 3 set 'meals' a day offer him small amounts of food throughout the day, this will teach you when he is hungry and when he isnt. not all babys eat 3 full meals a day... my son certainly didnt but he did eat more if i offered smaller amounts

Caitlin has (times a roughy):

9.00 Morning bottle - porriage if she won't take much as she sometimes decides
couple of finger toast pieces and then she naps

13.00 Afternoon milk
14.00 Hr later a fruit of some kind (jar yogurt etc)

15.00 Between fruit & next bottle a couple of carrot stix

17.00 Tea time bottle
18.00/18.30 Hour later a jar - still s tage 1 she will NOT have stage 2 ...what stage you on?

21.00/21.30 Bedtime bottle
Bed

Katie wont have stage 2 jars either:dohh: she will eat anything lumpy you give her but wont entertain those jars :confused: If I have to give her something like a jar I give her stage 1 and then if she needs more I give her a dessert like rice pudding and fruit.

Could the snacks be filling him up? Or is it that he wont eat the lumps? if its a problem with lumps then stick to stage 1/pureed food :) none of them ever go to school eating only pureed food so I wouldnt worry:)

Stage2..perhaps i should go back to stage 1. Oliver probs just isnt ready yet for2 x

That is more than likely the problem, even the powdered heinz stage 2 dinners are a lot finer than the jars, only with little lumps in. Katie likes them, but I would go back to stage 1 and add a little dessert if you think he wants/needs more

I started offering some stage 2's to Colton. I check them. I haven't tried any dinners or anything yet. I'm starting with the thinner stuff. When I am in the store I check them; like I dont know how they are there, But I can move the container from side to side and generally see how thick they are.
So far Colton has had some of the cereals (rice with applesauce, oatmeal with apples and bananas, mixed with apples and bananas), a fruit (applesauce and cherries), and a dessert (fruit medley). The things with bananas tend to be a bit thicker, so I give him smaller bites and he loves them.
(We dont have dinners/desserts in stage 1 here.. only stage 2-so he's never had anything like that)

He also takes 6oz bottles; wont take more than that in one sitting. But he has 4/5 6oz bottles + a 4oz bottle of juice. Then 2oz during each meal with cereal in the morning, fruit in the afternoon, and a veggie in the evening.

Are his fruits and stuff stage 2? or are they still stage 1? Maybe try still giving stage 1 dinners and start the stage 2's with fruits/veggies and maybe a few of the thinner deserts. But thats only if he isn't already eating stage 2 fruits/veggies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->