dont i deserve baby shower...is that important or just me...

sara k

Reaction score
just wanna share ...my feelings...:dohh:actually my own family is so far away from canada....here is my husband and his brothers family and mil....i have some uncles families here...in our culture our friends and relatives give surprise to mother..a baby shower party...but nothing happened like this in my case...i was not expecting anything but just feeling inside a lack of little exccitement...
is that baby shower is so much important or its just me who is feeling that...me and my husband are so much self made and dont need anything from our families...but i m missing that surprise...:dohh:

Do u have any girlie friends that can throw u one? I know it wouldnt be a suprise but think of the free stuff, games, food and girly chats u cud ave! If not u can come to mine we will ave a joint one! x

Awww, I wish I lived near you, I'd love to throw you a baby shower-never done it before but it seems like it would be amazing fun! :hugs:

Oh, dear, I know what you are saying... I won't be getting one either, but it's not so sad for me, as where I come from, it's not really a custom. Most people bring gifts when they visit the baby for the first time. We don't have family here in Belgium at all, and not many friends either as we recently moved here.

I hope you'll enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and have a wonderful baby soon :hugs:

my all girlie friends are bnb friends....thanx girls :flower:...i feel like i got my baby shower surprise....

U might still get one my friend is 37 weeks and her surprise shower is a week on saturday :hugs:

XXX

every moment i just dream about the day when i il get my smiling,laughing ,crying ... princess...:sleep:

I popped over from 1st tri just browsing and saw your post :hugs: i completly understand, because i would love a baby shower unfortunatly Mom, Dad, and Brother all passed away and i have no friends where i moved to in colorado, and DH's family doesnt do baby showers .. so sadly it looks like i will be missing out on the exciting day of fun games and family being around...

sending much :hugs:

I popped over from 1st tri just browsing and saw your post :hugs: i completly understand, because i would love a baby shower unfortunatly Mom, Dad, and Brother all passed away and i have no friends where i moved to in colorado, and DH's family doesnt do baby showers .. so sadly it looks like i will be missing out on the exciting day of fun games and family being around...

sending much :hugs:[/QUo

:hugs::hugs::hugs:thanx for hugs...i pray for u to have lots of happiness in ur life:hugs:

*hugs* I know just how you feel. I have no local friends at all and the only local family is my mother, who doesn't seem to really care too much. The whole time we were trying to get pregnant, I kept thinking of how fun it would be to have a baby shower thrown for me but it's just not in the cards. It's heartbreaking and makes me feel like I'm utterly alone and I actually spend time crying over it. Don't get me wrong, it's not the shower itself that I feel bad over. It's the lack of closeness or belonging or, I don't know... support? I guess it's just a reminder that my life is really lacking something.

I had the same problem when we got married. No one ever threw me a bridal shower and hubby didn't get taken out for a stag night... it was all just really lackluster. Of course, these parties don't make or break the big days they're celebrating, it's just a nice extra. We were just as happy at our wedding as we would've had with the parties and we'll be just as thankful for our little one when she's born, regardless of a shower.

Baby shower isn't exactly custom where i am, Its another american thing creeping its way over along with proms. I'm not that fussed about it either tbh, Some people bring things when they visit you afterwards although in our family nobody seems to give a rats.

*hugs* I know just how you feel. I have no local friends at all and the only local family is my mother, who doesn't seem to really care too much. The whole time we were trying to get pregnant, I kept thinking of how fun it would be to have a baby shower thrown for me but it's just not in the cards. It's heartbreaking and makes me feel like I'm utterly alone and I actually spend time crying over it. Don't get me wrong, it's not the shower itself that I feel bad over. It's the lack of closeness or belonging or, I don't know... support? I guess it's just a reminder that my life is really lacking something.

I had the same problem when we got married. No one ever threw me a bridal shower and hubby didn't get taken out for a stag night... it was all just really lackluster. Of course, these parties don't make or break the big days they're celebrating, it's just a nice extra. We were just as happy at our wedding as we would've had with the parties and we'll be just as thankful for our little one when she's born, regardless of a shower.

Where in TN are you? I'm in Jackson...let's have a baby shower lunch :)

Where in TN are you? I'm in Jackson...let's have a baby shower lunch :)
That would be fun but I'm far too far away.... 2 1/2 hrs, in Clarksville. But I do appreciate the thought. :)

NExt time i have a baby im not having a shower me and my gf planned one had 13 people confirmed weeks in advance and 4 showed up thats right 4 people and my cousin who im so close to missed it because she slept all day what a great excuse that was. People didnt even call me ahead of time to say they werent coming they just didnt show up. I appreciate the people who showed but i was really upset when i got home i totally cried and needless to say alot of those people arent my friends anymore. Me and my gf planned so much games and everything put alot of effort into it to but gotta tell you it shows who really cares about you.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:wish u lots of goodlucks and happiness:flower:

NExt time i have a baby im not having a shower me and my gf planned one had 13 people confirmed weeks in advance and 4 showed up thats right 4 people and my cousin who im so close to missed it because she slept all day what a great excuse that was. People didnt even call me ahead of time to say they werent coming they just didnt show up. I appreciate the people who showed but i was really upset when i got home i totally cried and needless to say alot of those people arent my friends anymore. Me and my gf planned so much games and everything put alot of effort into it to but gotta tell you it shows who really cares about you.
its really disappointing....

baby showers arent really the done thing where i am. never heard of anyone i know having one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->