Don't know if it's just me worrying.

SkyeBear

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a first time mum-to-be. I am 12 weeks now and I feel like my boobs are going down and starting to worry that I am no longer pregnant.
I have my first ultrasound on Wednesday and I am so scared to go, what if there is no heartbeat?
Did you feel the same before your first ultrasound?
Will you always know if you are miscarrying? Will I definitely bleed/spot if I am miscarrying? Not that I have at all.

Sorry I could just be stressing but I just really would like to know.

Thank you. :hugs:

I heard my baby's heartbeat at 11+5. I was so sure there wasn't going to be one since I felt like I had lost my symptoms. I've told my dh over and over again that my boobs shrunk back but he denies it. I think our minds full of worry just play tricks on us.

If you are having a miscarriage, more than likely I mean...MUCH more than likely you'll experience cramping/bleeding. You can have a missed miscarriage and Dr. Google will make you believe that it happens more likely than not. Not true.

Good luck with your scan wed! Hearing that heartbeat is like the most beautiful music. It's perfectly normal to worry...we all do :hugs:

Thanks so much for replying.
I feel like I've lost my symptoms too, like I am no where near as sick as I was. I was throwing up at least 6 times a day, and now it's down to one. Not sure if that's because I am 12 weeks and the sickness is going away.
I keep asking my partner if my boobs were shrinking, and he said definitely not, to me they even look smaller it's driving me crazy!

I am so so thankful I haven't seen anything I should worry about completely, like bleeding or cramps or spotting, so that makes me feel better.

Thank you, besides all this I really cannot wait to actually see and hear everything. I am excited and it is definitely going to be a huge highlight.

:hugs:

I worried before my first Doppler and again before my first ultrasound. But, both times baby was doing great, and now I feel him move so I feel loads better! I also had no ms and my boobs would only be slightly tender most days. I think you are pretty normal.

The placenta has taken over, which can take a HUGE burden off of you since your body no longer needs to produce all those hormones to maintain the pregnancy. Instead, the baby and placenta are now self sufficient, with the placenta producing the hormones and baby just growing and developing. Sounds PERFECT to me. This could happen as early as 9 weeks and as late as 14 - usually around 11 weeks. You're right on target. Congratulations! You'll be joining me in second tri very soon!

The placenta has taken over, which can take a HUGE burden off of you since your body no longer needs to produce all those hormones to maintain the pregnancy. Instead, the baby and placenta are now self sufficient, with the placenta producing the hormones and baby just growing and developing. Sounds PERFECT to me. This could happen as early as 9 weeks and as late as 14 - usually around 11 weeks. You're right on target. Congratulations! You'll be joining me in second tri very soon!

It makes sense now :) Thank you. Dunno why I didn't realise that, but thanks again!! :):hugs:

Man was I a freakin basket full of crazy worries up until my 20 week ultrasound...you name it I worried it lol I worried I had no MS (kicking myself for that one--it just started getting better!) had myself convinced every other day I was losing it since I had some spotting...before each ultrasound/appt I was so afraid it would have stopped growing/no heartbeat... BUT I will say that they all disappeared once I started to be able to feel him (around 19 weeks for me) and once he got a perfect 20 week scan...I don't have much input as it's my first too but just know you are not alone in worrying :)

Man was I a freakin basket full of crazy worries up until my 20 week ultrasound...you name it I worried it lol I worried I had no MS (kicking myself for that one--it just started getting better!) had myself convinced every other day I was losing it since I had some spotting...before each ultrasound/appt I was so afraid it would have stopped growing/no heartbeat... BUT I will say that they all disappeared once I started to be able to feel him (around 19 weeks for me) and once he got a perfect 20 week scan...I don't have much input as it's my first too but just know you are not alone in worrying :)

We sound like each other a lot haha. They say don't stress so much, but it seems almost impossible sometimes. Congratulations though :)
I think it's worse because it's our first and we are not used to exactly what's going on, I'm sure we won't stress so much on the second :)

We sound like each other a lot haha. They say don't stress so much, but it seems almost impossible sometimes. Congratulations though :)
I think it's worse because it's our first and we are not used to exactly what's going on, I'm sure we won't stress so much on the second :)

Thank you :) congrats to you as well <3 do you have any feeling as to what your baby is? Or are you hoping for either? :)

I'm willing to bet all is well, and as someone mentioned earlier, the loss of symptoms may most likely be due to the placenta taking over...and as you near the second tri, you really do begin to feel SO MUCH more normal, and better.

I did have a missed miscarriage back in July of 2011, and I had discovered my baby died around the 6 week mark, when I was around 11 weeks or so. I had no bleeding until around that time, and I needed a D&C to end the pregnancy completely. While some women do experience a loss of symptoms with a mmc, I did not. I had morning sickness, bloating, fatigue, all of it, right until the day I had my D&C...

With my last pregnancy (which resulted in my beautiful daughter, now 9 months old), my symptoms really did come and go. My boobs sort of did an up and down thing for a while in the first tri, and one day I'd feel really great, and the next, I'd be in pretty bad shape.

More than likely, all is well with your pregnancy. First tri is such a worrisome time, and it's okay and natural to worry. As you begin popping out a bit more, and as you begin to feel your baby wiggling around in there, you will begin to feel more reassured that everything is okay. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->