Dont know what else to do, going insane!

Cat

Reaction score
Its not even 9:00am and Im already having a bad day!
At about 11:00pm last night Noah decided to scream, not cry but scream solidly for about an hour or so, and wouldnt stop no matter what you did, and again decided to scream for about another 1/3 hour this morning at 6:45 till I gave up and got him up. This is the second time this week he has done this. And prior to that he had never done it in all the time he has been alive. Untill about 3 weeks ago he had een sleeping right through, mayee waking once but goin straight back to sleep, but now he wakes every 1-2 hours all though the night, but with excpetion of these two episodes Ihave mentioned aove you normally go in and stick a dummy in or tuck him in and he goes straight back out like a light.
Needless to say we are losing our marbles and having to go to bed at about 9:30 each night, cause we are permanently shattered at having our sleep disturbed so much.
I have no idea whats wrong with him, ut Ihave noticed that at night he has a barking cough, and every time he gets a cold, the cough never goes and he ends up on anti biotics, but he doesnt seem to be coughing much during the day, he just wakes at night barking and screaming. He is happy during the day, and at night you can see he is shattered and desperatly trying to sleep but screaming like mad, and its very distressing when you cant make it stop.
Ihave managed to get him a doctors appointment for 9:30 this morning, and will also take him to the baby clinic after to see the HV. I just really need some answers. Next weekend MIL it having him for the weekend while we move house, but they are retired and I cant expect them to have him if he is going to be like this!
I know before it was suggested that if he continunued to get chest infections with every cold than an asthma inhaler might be the way to go. But when he ets his chest listned to its rarely weezy, so I dont know. How does asthma present in babies? I know he is more prone to it, cause he has Eczema and we have a family history of asthma.

Anyway I just wanted to moan, cause its that or start crying and shout at the little fella and its not his fault. I just feel like a faliure cause I cant stop him screaming.

You are NOT a failure babe, the reason he is screaming is because he has no other way to communicate that there is something wrong with him.......it does not make you a failure.....far from it!

I am so sorry you are all going thru this, and the poor little man is obviously not happy of a night time for one reason or another, I hope you get some answers today babe, I really do.....do not stop until you get those answers hun!

Good Luck! :hugs: x

awwww hun good luck. i really hope you get some answers to help your litle man out :D. and tam's right you are far from a failure :D you are trying your hardest to find out what's wrong and thats all anyone can ask. i hope the drs appt goes well today and you have a good sleep tonight xxx

Right well we are back from the doctors, and he has perscribed him an inhaler for asthma. :( he said it may not be that, but its worth trying it out and seeing. If it does work, then we need to take him back and get him properly sorted out and future treatment arranged. I dont really kno how to feel aout it to be honest, I was always aware this might happen, due to family history of atopic conditions, and whilst it would be nice to have the prolem solved and have him feeling better, it would be a shame for him to have Asthma. While Iwas there Ialso saw the H who gave me some pointers on how to deal with his current sleep prolems, if the inhaler doesnt work. Oh and they decided to give him his MMR while we were there, so he has been throughly pulled around by everyone today. And has now finally dropped off to sleep.

awww poor little guy. as much as you hope its not asthma, at least if it is and the inhaler works it will give him and YOU :D relief. i hope everything gets figured out for you :D

Hope you have some joy with the inhaler :hugs: even if it means that he has asthma it can be controlled very well, my mum, brother and sister have it and still do everything.

I hope this helps him babe! :hugs: x

How is he now Cat?

Ella coughed until she puked last night when we put her bed, and also has a really awful barking cough at night. Her excema has flared up all on her face again, she's got a stinking cold, isn't eating much and is being so awful it's really hard work. All night she kept waking up and crying. When I asked the dr about her cough on Monday morning he said that it's normal for them to cough worse at night as it's getting rid of all the gunk, but it's still not nice to hear :(

Well he still has stinking cold, and is a constant snot machine, but is coping well, he hates his inhaler, but since starting to use it has hasnt had anymore mad screaming sessions in the night. Still waking a fair bit from coughing but settling quickly so not to bad. Keep finding blood inhis sheets though from nose bleeds cause his nose is so congested :(

If Ella is coughing lots of junk at night, have you tried sligtly raising her mattress at the head end? having them on a it of a tilt help the chest drain away as they sleep so this might help with her coughing at night.

I haven't tilted her mattress, but that's a good idea. Sounds awful as I feel sorry for her but you only have so much patience and mine was running thin today. She was SO horrid! Just throwing herself around and screaming all day, when I tried to wipe her nose you'd think I was killing her!! Am really pleased she's in bed now :oops:

That's really sad about his nose bleeds, poor love. Good that the inhalers helping though. My auntie said not to give her milk at night as it would make her worse, but she needs it. She's barely eating :( I wouldn't deprive her boobie if she was still on it, so don't understand about the milk thing.

It's tiring isn't it when they're like this?

Hi Cat I have pm'd you as Rebecca is approaching 10 months and was put on an inhaler a couple of weeks ago after re occurring chest and throat infections.

I have asthma too, and OH had it when he was young-he was diagnosed at 0 month grew out of it by his teens.

Hope he is okay hun xxx

Milk is supposed to increase mucus productoin (sorry if tmi) so it makes them more snuffly and chesty, hence not to give milk esp at night. I thought it only applied to cows milk but maybe wrong. DS is borderline asthmatic and soonas he starts coughing/ gets snuffles we drop his milk intake to bare minimum until it clears.

Oh Inever thought of that, thats true, milk does produce mucous. Imight replace noahs ovaltine with a hot ribena or something, that should give him a good cold fighting vitamin C boost too.

Hope he starts getting better soon Cat! You're dealing with this better than me, at the moment I could go and lock myself in the loo. My little bundle has decided that I'm not allowed to go to the toilet, leave the room, move etc etc. I've just put her down for a nap so I can get a bit of a break!

Kina said:
Hope he starts getting better soon Cat! You're dealing with this better than me, at the moment I could go and lock myself in the loo. My little bundle has decided that I'm not allowed to go to the toilet, leave the room, move etc etc. I've just put her down for a nap so I can get a bit of a break!

LOLyou obviosly haddnt read my other post today, saying how Ilost it last night, ended up shouting at noah and runing upstairs to my room to cry!

Sorry Cat didn't see it! Will go and check. Sorry you're having a really rough time of it too, I feel like giving up, giving her to DH and telling him to look after her for a few days!

Well Im in a readt mood today. Has a nice evening with OH and noah slept all night. Just woke up the once at midnight, but I haddent fallen asleep then anyway. I couldnt elieve it when he woke crying this morning and Ifound it was light outside. OH was already up getting ready for work so he went into him wihout me needing to get out of bed. SO Igot an exrta hour before getting up at 8!

Yay, glad you had a good nights sleep and are feeling a lot better :hugs:

Ella's in a better mood but was still coughing a lot last night so not a fab nights sleep. DH was awake from 5 thinking about us getting a new house, so he's stressed. I'm hoping my poor bubba girl is on the mend, It's so awful seeing her poorly :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->