Don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Sovereign, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

I had a kidney infection a few weeks ago and then got tested at the drs the other day and everything was clear. But today when I woke up I've got a pain in my side and sort of side of my lower back (if you know what I mean) and I keep weeing. It doesn't hurt when I wee but it didn't last time either. I don't know if i've got an infection or its just a bit of backache or something. I can't make an appointment at the drs cos I just changed to a new one yesterday and I have to see a nurse for a check up before they can do anything else and they can't do this until Monday. :sad1: I don't know what to do.

2. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

I think you should ring your docs back. They should be able to see you as a visitor - but they definately shouldn't leave you until next week. Just keep bugging them until they see you. If not - try a walk in clinic and explain why you're there and not your GP.
    Good luck x x

3. ellasmummy

ellasmummy Well-Known Member

If you definatly cant be seen by a MW or DR then id drink lots and lots of fresh Cranberry Juice! This helps to flush out infections in the waters, i drunk cartons and cartons when i had a water infection at 24weeks and it really helped! :hugs:

4. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

babies getting bigger so u will wee alot more as he pushs down on ur bladder night and day n i had back ache all the time dont worry ule be fine :)

if u r still worried by monday then see ur doctor or cant u go n see ur mw?

5. moomin_troll

i heard that cranberry juice is now bad for ur baby when pregnant!

u cant do anything while pregnant we should all just be dumped in 1 big room till we r ready to pop lol

6. Sovereign

Not got a mw at the mo cos i've moved drs and not been allocated one yet. Hadn't thought that I might be weeing more cos babs is getting bigger - hadn't crossed my mind!!! Lol. Think will see how I go and see how I am in the morning then see the GP as a visitor.

7. Sovereign

8. ellasmummy

ellasmummy Well-Known Member

My MW advised me to drink it as it flushes it out quicker so cant be that bad for baby lol xxx

9. moomin_troll

The simple things never cross ur mind until someone else points them out lol ule be fine :) if ur worried call the hopsital n just say it hurts n get checked out

10. Freya

Freya Toddler and baby

Definitely get yourself checked as soon as you can, at least you can get a prescription for anti-biotics sooner rather than later! I had a pesky infection recently that I couldn't shake, I too was advised by midwife to drink cranberry juice........ but, because I have a sweet tooth anyway, my next urine test came up with glucose/sugar in it!!!! My midwife then told me to stop drinking the juice!!!! LOL! You just cant win - mind you I was guzzling it like anything!!

Did you have anti biotics for your last infection? I had amoxycillin for mine - which is a low strength one really, but did the trick. Perhaps you need a stronger one if the infection went as far as to your kidneys? Either way, I'm sure you'll be feeling fine in no time! xxx

11. charliebear

charliebear Mum to AJ & Pumpkin

I would definitely get checked out if not at the Dr's then a walk in centre. Good luck. x