don't know what to make of this

butrfly

Mom to Sweet Elijah
Reaction score
am not really sure where to post this, but i guess the area where people are WTT (hence maybe on some contraceptives) is a good place for my question.

i gave birth four months ago and i've just started taking the pill (yasmin), meaning this is my first course with it and my last pill is tomorrow. i have been spotting since i started using it. first it was light but now i'm bleeding like it was a regular period (and a hevy one, too). i'm not expecting this as i thought i'd bleed after i finish the course (or mat or whatever it's called).

i have clots and i have to change every two hours or so as it is soaked! i also have some period-like cramping which aren't very painful but very noticeable. like sharp pains. enough for me to hold my belly every so often when the sharp pain comes (they don't last long, though).

on top of this, i started taking the pill right after i thought i was pg. i took a test, it was negative, i had some spotting and i took that as my period and took the pill.

should i be worried? what could be the cause of this? i wasn't pg, was i and then now proceeding to miscarry or something like that? please someone advise.

i was on BC for a while and when i first took it had random bleeding though it wasn't heavy. also if i missed a pill it could bring on a full period which sucked as you end up having two a month! did you miss a pill or through up/diarrhea?
doctors tend to say the first month on a new pill can have spotting but full bleeding seems odd maybe you just dont get on with this brand of pill?
good luck
x

hi i was like this on yasmin and it literally drove me mad! i changed pill so many times and eventually found one that didnt do this. i literally had clumps on my pad(sorry for grossness)

hope u get sorted xx

i was on BC for a while and when i first took it had random bleeding though it wasn't heavy. also if i missed a pill it could bring on a full period which sucked as you end up having two a month! did you miss a pill or through up/diarrhea?
doctors tend to say the first month on a new pill can have spotting but full bleeding seems odd maybe you just dont get on with this brand of pill?
good luck
x

no diarrhea. didn't throw it up. and haven't missed a single one. :shrug:

hmmm i was on mycrognon so can't comment on yasmin probably either try it for another month to see if it settles or if you don't want that you'll have to go back to doc's to try a different type.
hope it works out for you
x

Give it another few months and if it still hasen settled down id go back and see your doc.

It may just be because you have not long given birth that they are painfull and heavy.

If it's really as heavy as you say I would go and see a doctor as soon as possible. Better to be safe than sorry and it sounds like you might be losing quite a bit of blood.
Hope you're better soon!

well, i'm glad no one has mentioned the possibility of miscarrying at all. i was a bit worried that it's possible to be that considering the heavy-period-like bleeding while still taking the pills.

i might try this for another month or check if the pharmacies here have trinordiol. does anyone else use that?

Hiya, i am sorry you have been experiencing this heavy bleeding, hope it doesn't continue.

I have never heard of trinordiol so perhaps we don't have that in the uk, but it might be worth having a discussion with your pharmacist anyway x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->