dont know what to think

twilightgeek

1 angel
Reaction score
Right so my 18 year old little sister today told us she was moving in with her boyfriend who is 23 and they've been together for 3 1/2 months :wacko: my question is how soon is too soon to move in with a boyfriend/girlfriend??? opinions welcomed :shrug:

Diddnt wanna read and run but im not much help as i diddnt move in with my OH until we had been together 3years and 2months. And that was after we had LO aswell.

I wanted to move in earlier with him tho, (maybe after 2years), but we had to save for the deposit on our house.

Just to add i moved out at 20 and my Oh was 21. I still felt really young to be leaving home tho lol

I don't think there is an ideal time because it depends on the couple and the situation
But I would defo say that you should usually stick to living separately until around a year and a half because you really get to know someone a lot more when living together and it's not always a good thing, at least at that length of time you will probably of had the usual ups and downs of a relationship and use to dealing with everyday issues

I agree I don't think there is an ideal time. I moved in with ex oh after about 4/5 months. If it feels right for them then try will do it regardless what others say. X

I agree, I dont think there is an ideal time to wait, OH and I didnt move in together for 3 years, but we got engaged after 5 months.

Me & my OH moved in together after 5 months but we lived 1hr 30min drive/40min train journey away from each other. We've been together 4 years today :) x

i moved in with my oh after a few months
and we have a 5 year age gap too, i was
16 at the time and we're still here 6 years later

if it feels right, do it
there's never an exact science to these things
it either works or it doesn't

:thumbup:

I agree that there's no ideal time :flower: It depends on the couple and how mature they are etc etc. I was 16 when I moved in with my then boyfriend, who was 23, we'd been seeing each other about 3 months, stayed together nearly 2 years x

I agree. There's no ideal time. I moved in with hubby and his parents after 2 1/2 months at 16 years old, now almost 8 years on we're living together and married with 2 gorgeous LO's :)

I moved in with my fiance after about 2 months of dating. I'm now 18 and he is nearly 24 and we are married :)

It depends on the 2 people, their relationship, etc. I'd probably worry about my sister anyway though too... natural when they take first steps toward adulthood I think :)

Myself and OH moved in together when I was 17 and he was nearly 20 and almost 10 years later we are still together :) xx

I more or less moved to my oh (well not really moved in but staying most of the time) right after we were together, which has the pre-history of my oh's flat having been a lot closer to university.

I think it depends on them as a couple.

I can understand your concerns, but I've known people who were married within 6 weeks of their first date?

At the end of the day, we all learn from life experiences. This could either be a life experience for her, or her happily ever after?

If they are both happy and can afford it...its up to them!

I moved in with my OH after only a few months, we were spending every day together anyway so it just seemed like a natural progression. I don't think there is a right or wrong, it depends what they feel comfortable with and how comfortable they are with eachother.

I don't think you can set a 'right time' for everyone. As long as they have enough money for moving costs, can support themselves long term, and have a generally good relationship then hopefully things will go well for them :)

its either going to work or its not, and i dont think moving in together at any given time will affect it tbh

i moved in with a guy when i was 17 after about 5 months and it didnt work, i moved in with dh when i was 24 straight away and we have now been married 10 years

I moved in with OH 2 years after meeting him but I was 7 months pregnant with sophie-lou :)
13 years later we're still together and have another child of 6 :)

I think if they feel it's right then they should go for it xx

OH moved in properly with me literally 2 weeks after we started going out. One day he came round after work and he just never left lol. Wouldn't have it any other way :)

I got engaged to my DH after a year of dating and then moved into together a year and 8 months later - we've been together almost 4 years in August

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->