Don't Know What To Title This...

fittiebittie

Reaction score
Hi. I'm going to throw a lot of information in here so I'm sorry if this gets long and I appreciate if you respond. I'm 26 and my husband and I are trying to have our first baby. The problem is that I haven't had a period in 2 years. I actually lost it while I was still on birth control. I went off the pill last January (2016) before we got married in May in hopes that it would give my body enough time to recover and get my period back. It should be noted that I have a history of an eating disorder from 6 years ago, during which time I was on the pill and did not lose my period. I was on the pill for almost 10 years. I have made many lifestyle changes since the wedding including: less exercise, eating more, gaining weight, etc. I have still not gotten my period back. I have been using ovulation kits to check and see if somehow ovulation happens during any month. I started using them on January 1. In February I started using Clear Blue Ovulation tests and I got a positive estrogen surge but no LH surge. Then I stopped using those sticks for a couple of weeks and went back to the cheaper sticks so the ovulation test could reset (or whatever it does). I started using them again on March 14th and then on the 15th it immediately went to an LH surge and my BBT was high. We had had sex on the 14th, then again the 15th, and a couple days later. I was excited because we figured that maybe I had just missed the estrogen surge window. I kept testing after a couple of days though just to be sure it wasn't a false positive since my cycle hasn't been even a thing in so long. On the 19th I detected an estrogen surge and kept testing for the 9 days it says to test and never got an LH surge from there. Then I started noticing my nipples were tender, my hips were sore, and this past Saturday (the 25th) I had some light spotting. We were very excited because we thought it could be implantation bleeding. The irony being that I have an appointment tomorrow (Tuesday, March 28th) with a reproductive endo. My only concern was that my BBT seemed to be dipping and I've seen that it should be getting higher if I am pregnant. I don't really have a baseline as I just started testing this month and my readings have been all over the place but the spike I had on the 14th was 98.3 and my usual readings were 96-97 something. Now, today, I am concerned I have gotten myself too hyped up with anticipation and that nothing is actually happening because my hips no longer ache and my breasts no longer feel tender. I thought maybe the estrogen surge it detected on the test was that I was pregnant and my hormones were rising. But now I'm afraid I'm going to be sorely disappointed tomorrow. The doctor said they would keep my appointment and draw blood to look at my hormone levels and to see if I am actually pregnant or not because the blood work should be accurate by today or tomorrow even if a home test wouldn't be accurate for another few days. Anyone here have any works of advice or assurance? None of my friends understand what I'm going through and my husband is at work so I can't talk to him about all of this. I think I'm driving all my friends crazy by talking about this so much but I can't think about anything else. It's always on my mind. HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->