Don't know where to post this - friend having abortion *some will find upsetting*

geordie_gal

Mam of one baby boy!
Reaction score
I JUST NEED A RANT.

My very best friend called me today and said she is pregnant. I was over the moon totally thrilled especially when she said according to her scan she was due the 3rd of Feb (I'm due the 2nd) I was literally about to squeal down the phone when she said "I'm really not happy about it, I'm not ready, not in the right financial situation and my boyfriend is only 19, I'm having a termination, will you come with me?'
Now I guess its a good time to point out she didn't know I was pregnant.
So, since she's my very best friend and her boyfriend can't get the time off work and since he asked he can't now pull a sicky, she wants me to go.
As her best friend I want to be there for her, I've always been very pro choice.
The other part of me is really angry, angry because selfishly my baby would have had a best friend to grow up with, and angry because my other best friend has been trying for a baby for over a year and hasn't managed to get pregnant.
Its not my place to jump in and tell her to keep it, I don't want her to think she can't come to me with stuff anymore.
I think my major problem is I googled 10 week fetus and there is a picture of some woman that had cancer and needed her womb removed (when she was pregnant) and the baby is in the amniotic sac and so human like already (Its amazing but so sad that obviously the baby died)
I told her I'd let her know tomorrow.

If I go, I think I'll sit the whole time and feel bad for supporting her, If I don't go I feel i've kind of failed best friend duties I've always been there for her no matter what.

I just don't know what to do and needed a rant.

I went with my friend when she had one, I can't say I was overly impressed with her choice, but like you, I'm pro choice & she was doing what was right for her at that time, just like your friend.
Why do you think you'll feel bad for supporting her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->