Don't know where to start..

At a ring warming, both of your wedding bands are passed amongst your guests for them to 'warm' - they can pass on a wish, or a prayer if they are so inclined, to you both in your future together. I found it just beautiful and our guests loved it. I feel, genuinely, that our wedding bands are not just a symbol of our commitment to each other, but they carry the wishes and hopes of our closest families and friends. Check this out: https://offbeatbride.com/2009/08/ring-warming-wedding

Ooo I LOVE that idea!

I was driving home from work thinking about wedding things and realised I still haven't done anything about the ring bearing box or flowers - I can't get excited about either of them! I might just pitch up with a bunch of flowers from a supermarket :haha:

Well you don't have to do either the ring bearing box or flowers if you don't want :) We had very few flowers at our wedding. I just couldn't justify spending that amount of money on flowers that just get thrown out at the end of the day! Even my bouquet wasn't flowers - I made my bouquet out of vintage brooches :)

I'm in love with this tiara https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/tiararama/product/maria

I'm struggling to justify spending £85 on what is essentially a sparkly hairband that I'm only going to wear for one day but I can't find anything else that I like!

We just need to decide what we're doing for evening entertainment, choose flowers, get OH a new suit and get some wedding rings. I need underwear too.

Less than 4 weeks to go.... eep!

Sounds like it's all coming together. Only 4 weeks, eeekk! Lovely tiara btw; I think they sell anything wedding related with about 100% inflation! But if you love it I say go for it :)

I completely agree with you. As soon as you say it's for a wedding the price is immediately £500!

I've tried to talk to my OH about wedding stuff 3 times today, not particular challenging things either, he has fallen asleep every time!

I can see it now: Registrar; do you take Rachael to be your wife. OH: ZZzzz

I've tried to talk to my OH about wedding stuff 3 times today, not particular challenging things either, he has fallen asleep every time!

I can see it now: Registrar; do you take Rachael to be your wife. OH: ZZzzz

Lol! My DH got sick of wedding conversations towards the end. He was just like 'let's get married already and stop worrying about the details!' ;)

I'm sure your OH is as excited as you are!

I was trying to ask about things such as what exactly are we going to do about evening entertainment, things that normal people would have decided 6 months ago :p

He's been very good today so he's forgiven. We still haven't got wedding rings :haha:

Haha at least he's been better about it today! You'll get there Rachie :) Any idea what you'd like for evening entertainment?

We've managed to make lots of progress today so we were able to email the venue to say 'this is what we want'.

Ideally, we would have loved to have a band in the evening but there are only going to be us plus our 14 guests so we thought it would probably have been a bit of a waste. We've gone with a DJ who we can supply with a 'must play' and a 'do not play' list. The guests can request up to 5 songs each in advance too which we think is good fun :)

I can't believe you're 19 weeks pregnant already - you didn't seem significantly more pregnant than me yesterday :p xx

Well done for making so much progress! I think your plan to give your guests 5 songs to add to the playlist is a GREAT idea! Oh and yes, the 'do not play' list is so important! Our do not play list was almost longer than the playlist (nothing from any X factor 'artist' ever, nothing from Beyoncé, especially that dreadful 'all the single ladies' they usually play at weddings lol!)

I know I'm so shocked to be already 19 weeks pregnant already. Scary! Time is flying! How are you feeling? Any bump yet? :)

HAHA, Yes, I second your no play list. I also want to add anything by Take That, Spicegirls, Boyzone, westlife, robbie williams, gary barlow and any other over manufactured crap!

I feel really well - I think the whole pregnancy has been a breeze apart from the issues with my thyroid but I still feel great in myself. I think I still just look a bit fat with my clothes on but I think my tummy is starting to take on form. How about you? Have you had any movements at all yet?

I can't believe I'm on here on Christmas eve - I'm waiting for OH to finish wrapping!

Have a good Christmas :) xxx

Haha I think we have the same ideas about music we hate ;)

It's great to hear that you're feeling so good and that your tummy is taking form! The round tummy makes it more real doesn't it? I've definitely got a little bump now but some clothes just make me look fat rather than pregnant lol! And yes, definite movement! I thought it was just digestion for a while but then it got stronger - it's like popcorn going off or little flutters. Really strange but lovely! Are you getting movement yet?

Have a lovely Xmas Rach! :)

Yes, I've been having little flutters since around 15 weeks. To begin with I had to be sat a certain way and had to be really tuned into it but I can feel it quite easily now. There have been a couple of occasions with stronger 'popcorn' sensations.

I'm in this weird in between stage where by jeans are becoming too tight by the end of the day but I don't think I'm anywhere near big enough for maternity wear. I indulged in the online sales yesterday and spent a small fortune on some maternity clothes but I'm not sure I really need them (or can believe that I'll ever need them).

I need to decide on underwear for the wedding - it's making me feel quite stressed :p

Did you have a good Christmas? xx

Ha, I know what you mean about not believing you'll ever fit into the maternity clothes. I feel like I've been pregnant for ages and I'm still so small lol!

So glad you're feeling the flutters too - amazing feeling isn't it?

Yes Christmas was lovely thanks, how was yours? Crazy to think that this time next year our babies will be here!

We were looking at my pregnancy book last night for what is happening this week and OH pointed at the nice naked pregnant lady :p and said 'but she's huge compared to you'.
The thing with the flutters and movements is that I could probably still pass them off as something else if I *really* wanted to so I still can't quite believe that it's real. We ordered some baby bits in the Mothercare online sale yesterday which was lovely. I find shop assistants keep asking me if I would like a gift receipt whenever I buy anything in real life - I feel like I'm a fraud just pretending to be pregnant :haha:

So glad you had a nice Christmas. We had a really lovely time too. It is crazy to think we'll have 5-6 month old babies next Christmas and that we'll be doing our Christmas shopping with a pram! xx

OMG I know what you mean about feeling like a fraud in places like mothercare haha! I almost feel like I have to explain myself or something!

I definitely can't pass off the movements as anything else anymore; this baby is quite the little acrobat at times! :haha: Isn't it so cool that your baby is at your wedding? So exciting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->