Don't Like the New OB

A

amjon

The practice I go to just got a new OB to join the other two ladies. Since you have to see everyone before delivery I made my appointment for this week with her. She doesn't seem to trust the MFM as much as the other two do. When I first got in the room the nurse asked for my sugar log. I told her I gave it to the MFM that morning and didn't keep a copy (don't really see the need as once she's reviewed it and made her changes to my insulin I don't need it). The other two have never asked to look at it and just note if the MFM has made any medication changes. She then goes on to tell me if they diagnose before 28 weeks it isn't GD and why do I have that label. I'm not the one that diagnosed ANYTHING, it was the MFM that determined what to diagnose and since I had just had testing before I became pregnant that was normal and after it wasn't guess she figured GD was best (even if it was a bit early). She didn't understand the notes from the MFM at all and tells me I'll need to come next week for a NST since I won't see the MFM for a BPP. I told her I go to the MFM every week and have to explain the schedule to her (growth one week, fluid the next and now BPP every week). She then decides I can come in 3 weeks, but writes down one for the secretary (but I had already made if for 3 weeks and left it at that). She measures me and says 37 weeks. She then looks at my chart and decides that sounds like too much, so remeasures me and gets 34. How do you get two completely different numbers 30 seconds apart? She also measured from the very bottom of my pubic bone and not the top like everyone else that has ever measured has done. She decided not to listen for heartbeats since they had done the U/S that morning. I feel like my appointment was a complete waste of time. At least she made it for 3 weeks and not 2 like they normally do. (Next time I'll just have them schedule me with one of the other two doctors. I just hope I end up delivering with one of the other two. If it's planned I should be okay as I should be able to choose.)

Geez, that sounds stressful! Hopefully you don't have to see her again!!!

I've also got three different people who might deliver my baby - my office has two midwives and one OB. I'm hoping I get the hippy midwife who I've been seeing lately. She's so mother earth, I just love her. She wears long skirts and has long flowy hair and doesn't wear makeup, I just want her to hold me LOL.

Ugh. Sorry she seems annoying! I'm lucky in that my OB, while attached to a practice, is the head ob for the hospital and sees his patients exclusively and is on call for all deliveries. It's rare these days to have that. Through four pregnancies, a miscarriage,two normal deliveries, d&c, and all my appointments, I've only ever been seen by him! I swear he knows me better than I know myself.

Yikes! I think my MFM would have a thing or two to say to an OB that said you cant diagnose GD before 28 weeks! I had GD diagnosed at 13 weeks with my last pregnancy! (and I tested after pregnancy and was not found to be diabetic and I have passed all the GTTs given to me (at 10 wks and 26 wks) in this pregnancy!)

I hope you don't have to see her again and you are able to use the OBs that you like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->