Don't LOVE any (girl) name!

Emily2630

Reaction score
With DD we both LOVED her name ages before she was born (Lyla). I still have several months but it's really annoying me I can't find a name that I really love. We're having another girl. I like less common (but not weird), kind of vintage names. The two we both like so far are Ruby and Audra. Ruby is not that popular in the US, and while I think it's cute for a baby or little kid I'm not sure how well it suits an adult. Audra is not common (though quite similar to Audrey which is becoming quite popular) and I think it's a little more "Classic" and suits an adult better. But I can't say I really LOVE either. Any thoughts or ideas for other similar names? Can't start with L or E or end with T as this is DD's name our last name beginning and end. Thanks!!

Norah
Nova
Gretchen
Bianca
Vivienne (nn. Vivi)
Ivy
Olive
Nina
Annabelle
Delaney
Gretta
Rosalie

I don't like Ruby, but Audra is very nice.

Dalia
Evelyn
Hazel
Charlotte
Naomi
Brooke
Gretchen
Violet
Robin
Molly

Audra is beautiful, it can't be nicknamed and it sounds very rich, ceo kind of name with an elegant, feminine sort of feel. I can't stand the really soft common girlie names ...Emma, Rose, Sophie, lily, Serena, Mary, Ana, Rosie. Somehow I prefer more unique names like Audra.

I think its unique when girls have boy names, and they are spelled differently..

Jordyn
Cammrynn
Alex
Sammy/Sam

Ava
Amelia **SWEET NAME
Adelaide
Cora
Charlotte
Nora **VERY PRETTY, AGES WELL
Penelope
Stella ** LOVE THIS NAME!
Victoria

Not afan of Ruby, do like Audra! Im going for uncommon but not too strange of names also.. Just not the vintage part. Too bad can't start with E, Evelyn seems to fit. lol so does lorriene (lore-ain). Natalie or Madeline maybe

Aberly (German)
Adare (Geilic) Oakgrove
Berlin (German)
Brooklyn (Dutch)
Bromlynn <--I love this name
Dallas (Gaelic)
*Delaney (Gaelic)From the alder grove Child of dark defiance
*MacKenna (Gaelic)
Mikaela (Swedish)
*Makeeda (Ethiopean) the beautiful
*Oakley
Paige

Those are the names on my list. Pretty different than most that I've heard on this board but hopefully not weird or strange. I don't think we'd do the city names but we like them. My OH likes London for a boy too but we wouldn't put our kids though that

I can't get pass ruby being my mums dogs name but I think if it weren't I wud love it , I like less traditional style names I have a. Massive list but can't not decide either what about Cordelia nn cordi
Everleigh
Lois
charity

I think its unique when girls have boy names, and they are spelled differently..

Jordyn
Cammrynn
Alex
Sammy/Sam

sorry just want to correct - those aren't boy names, they're unisex ;)

Jordyn
Cammrynn
Alex
Sammy/Sam

sorry just want to correct - those aren't boy names, they're unisex ;)

nope no correction needed, they're are all either boys names or nicknames - changing the spelling for a y doesn't fix that

You don't need to add a y to a name in order to make it feminine. Alex is short for Alexandra, which is a female version of a male name. Jordyn can also be spelled Jordan which is a unisex name. Cameron is a unisex name as well (note: Cameron Diaz) Sam is can be short for Samantha, which is a female name or Samuel which is a male name. :flower:

I like Ruby.

What about Eleanor, Bronwen, Vera, Celia?

I just wanted to say that I feel your pain! I had names that I liked, even really liked, but didn't love. I thought that I would have to settle. Then yesterday, completely out of the blue this name just came to me and I got warm fuzzies lol. I put it with a family name I wanted to honor and it brought tears to my eyes (sounds totally corny I know!) But that is what let me know it was THE name. I LOVE the new name and feel like I can relax now. So anyway, I just wanted you to know that maybe you haven't heard THE name yet and not to settle for a name if you don't completely love it. Good luck :)

I love Sophia, Alexis, Imogen and Isabelle

If we have another DD she will be either Alexis Sophia or Isabelle Alexandra, my little girl is Scarlett Elizabeth.

I love girls names and Ruby is so cute :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->