Don't mean to put a downer on it but......

Thanks huni. Same to you too, you're beautiful and such a lovely person. Your ex is a bloody fool i tell ya! x

I think one thing about having a kid and being on your own when in the dating field is the likelihood of ending up with an arsehole is a little bit reduced as they've got to have at least some good in them to deal with somebody else's child!

I know that eventually I'll find someone but it's just the thought of being on my own and it becoming more long term. I don't like being on my own and I knowing my baby is going to be the most important person in my life now and I'll be needed more than I ever have but it's a different sort of needed.

I'm sure we'll all be fine and find our men in the end just happens these ones have turned out to be less the men we thought they were.

xx

I struggle with the "am I going to be alone forever" issue. I try to keep a positive outlook and try my best to remember that everything happens for a reason. But I must admit that I am concerned about meeting someone that will be open to a relationship with some one that has a baby with another man. Plus there are so many dating issues that cause ups and downs and I don't want it effecting my babe. Then there's the issue of my ex finding someone before me...sounds childish I know. But to be honest I am worried that he will find a GF and she will be around my baby. I already told him that if we start to date that we should tell eachother and that I do not want any other woman to even hold my baby. Does that sound selfish? I honestly will totally lose it if I EVER see another woman holding her. That is my biggest fear.

I wish I could post something more positive but I just have to be honest-I am truly scared.

My ex has got a new GF already and I hate it, I've just been on the phone to him as we're supposed to be staying friends but I don't think it's going to work because he's too worried about upsetting her!! I can't handle this I hate it, all he seems to do is make me cry lately. I miss him so much and to think of her near my baby or not being able to get hold of him when it comes to going to hospital I hate.

He's supposed to be my best friend and now I've been kicked to the curb for her.

WOW...He def. moved on quick...sorry to hear that. I totally understand your feelings. The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that now is a time to sourround yourself with strong, supportive, confident girlfriends. It seems like all relationships end up failing but true friendships last forever! So, remember to lean on your friends and allow yourself time to grieve and then move on-or at least that's what I've been telling myself!

Oh, and side note...You should get yourself some treat, like a pedicure or something just for yourself. It'll make you feel sooo much better and remind you that you are worth so much MORE!

Good Luck Chick...keep me infromed on how you are doing?!

I struggle with the "am I going to be alone forever" issue. I try to keep a positive outlook and try my best to remember that everything happens for a reason. But I must admit that I am concerned about meeting someone that will be open to a relationship with some one that has a baby with another man. Plus there are so many dating issues that cause ups and downs and I don't want it effecting my babe. Then there's the issue of my ex finding someone before me...sounds childish I know. But to be honest I am worried that he will find a GF and she will be around my baby. I already told him that if we start to date that we should tell eachother and that I do not want any other woman to even hold my baby. Does that sound selfish? I honestly will totally lose it if I EVER see another woman holding her. That is my biggest fear.

I wish I could post something more positive but I just have to be honest-I am truly scared.

nope doesn't sound selfish at all- i would be fuming if any woman (who had anything to do with baby's daddy) did more than see a photo of my baby!

Thanks first time mom, I'm having major issues. We've been split up for a lil while but still been spending most of our time together like we used to so I didn't deal with our break up when it happened and now a few months on I'm having to deal with it but it's harder because there's now someone else in the picture. I'm going to see the doctor on Friday and shrink on at the end of the month because I'm finding everything so difficult to deal with right now. I'm just a reck and don't want my lil man to have to deal with me being so down when he gets here.

xx

My ex has got a new GF already and I hate it, I've just been on the phone to him as we're supposed to be staying friends but I don't think it's going to work because he's too worried about upsetting her!! I can't handle this I hate it, all he seems to do is make me cry lately. I miss him so much and to think of her near my baby or not being able to get hold of him when it comes to going to hospital I hate.

He's supposed to be my best friend and now I've been kicked to the curb for her.
I'm *SO* with you there.

My ex-fiancé has a girlfriend (the one he cheated on me with) and they've been together 3 months now. I've every reason to believe he's cheated on her already as well, but as far as i'm aware they're still together. I'm completely freaking out about the fact she could possibly be involved in my baby's life. The thought makes me feel physically sick. Obviously with me and Gav not being together anymore its going to happen at some stage but I can't bear to think about it.

I hate her. I've never met her but I actually physically HATE her (she knew all about me before she started sleeping with him) so just for that I hate her and there's no way on earth she's going to touch my baby. I'm contending myself with the fact Gav will be moving in september and will be several hundred miles away from her and that'll be that, but i'm kidding myself if I believe it.

Ugh its all a stupid situation.

Im sooooo glad im not the only one who doesnt want any new girlfriend of my ex near my baby. The thought of it makes me so so mad!!

Hell no. Its a natural reaction I think with the maternal protective instinct kicking in already. If I have to be awkward and lay stupid ground rules saying to the Dad "You can only see your child if you come to my house or she's not near you" then i'll do it.

Aww your not selfish hun, its only natural to feel that way! Your right your boy is the most important person to you but you will always want that special someone in your life and they will turn up all in good time!:hug:

I feel so stupid... The thought of him getting someone else had never even crossed my mind until this thread...
I think i'd kill her before I let her touch my baby...

Em

I don't feel quite so bad about all this rage concerning my ex's new piece of fluff now.

Its just the protective instinct coming out in us all.

Well I can go in that boat too...Nathan told me a week ago that he started seeing someone else (very slowly and privately).

It really doesn't bother me that much since they aren't dating very long and serious plus me and him were never in love.But it bothers me that he just found someone while it really isn't currently possible for me and I struggle with the fact that this girl will maybe once have a role in my daughters life...ugh...

I guess you're right,protective instict...I really don't think this is selfishness! xxx

No, its not selfish at all. Its a horrible horrible image. My worst nightmare is Gav marrying this girl then deciding they would be able to bring our baby up better as a couple than i'm doing on my own so decide to take her away from me.

I know it won't happen but it scares the hell out of me sometimes. I've been told its no different to me marrying someone else and my husband bringing bubs up as his own, but there's a massive difference in my eyes, since Gav decided he didn't want this baby at all and I did and have gone through all this so far on my own.

I think about it all the time.. even told the lad I'm seeing that i'm scared as i've been hurt that many times, and we had a small thing last year but he's fine with it. :)

But if they can't handle you with a baby, then they don't deserve you at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->