Don't mean to put a downer on it but......

Moulder86

Fiancé & mum to one
Reaction score
Do you single girlies not worry about being on ur own and not finding someone else??

I know it's silly to be thinkin about it as my lil boy will be the most important person to me but at the same time I kinda hate the thought of being on my own and not having that someone there for me.

Or am I just being selfish??

xx

Nah ur not selfish hunni!! Im the same as you

Us single mums have needs aswell lol

Im sure we'll find someone some day. Having a child shouldnt be an issue if they look you for the woman you are :)

Well,it's definitely something I wonder about...

I mean,I don't even want someone new in my life at this moment as I want this prgnancy to be just me and my little girl,the same goes for a while after she is born.

I've always been a bit of a commitment phobe honestly so for me it's the whole thing of juggling a relationship and motherhood at the same time...the need to be careful and it's not just my relationship seeing as I have another person in my life already that depends on my choices...

But I'm an optimist in general so I believe that when the time is right for me I'll find someone who will want me with my little addition...:)

Hell,there are tons of girls here who found love even with a baby...so it gives me hope that everything can turn out to be a success. xxx

Well said Nikki lol

And if all else fails there's always Ann Summers :)

Oh yes, all the time.

I've just gone through a really heartbreaking break-up, so the first thing that runs through my mind is "I'm going to be alone forever". I'm a very insecure person anyway, but I wouldn't change having this baby for the world, even if it does mean i'll be on my own for the rest of my life - because I won't really be alone anyway.

I was at my friends BBQ yesterday and was surrounded by couples. Infact I think I was the only singleton there. In particular there was one couple who were also expecting. They were laid on the grass all happy, with Daddy rubbing Mums tummy and talking to the bump. I was watching them and felt SO envious of them and felt like bursting into tears. I ended up going home early, then felt annoyed at myself for being such an idiot.

I know that there is someone out there for me though that'll treat me better than bubs Dad has done.

I have had some.. interest. I'm more cautious about everything now though as I've always tended to be quite spontaneous and fall for people quite quickly. The only thing I'd say is that being a mum makes it harder to meet people, guys especially.. but I'm guessing maybe this will become easier once Ryan's bigger and able to stay at his dad's for weekends, etc. x

When I split up from Emily's Dad I thought I'd be on my own forever. TBH I wasnt too bothered by the idea either! I loved that I decided how to raise her and no one else butted in!! I was on my own for 8 yrs but once she was a little older I had no shortage of dates. I enjoyed living on my own - just me and my little girl. I never imagined meeting someone to settle down with, let alone marry and have another child with!!! And now look at me!!

To ~Vicky~ : he's out there hun. I promise you. x

Thanks Mervs Mum.

On my good days I know he is too. I think I was having one of my lower days so it was a bit of a kick in the gut. Blah, I get annoyed with myself at times.

Like I say though, my little bubba is way more important right now than some guy so i'm not ashamed to be a single Mum. I just rather I wasn't, thats all.

Oh I worry about it pretty much every 2nd minute of the day. I've just decided that I'm never getting in another relationship to save my soul. I've warned my parents that they won't ever have to expect a wedding from me, because after this relationship, I just have no desire to do it again. The only thing that makes me sad, is that this baby will probably not have a brother or sister for a few years until I'm in the position to adopt.

Awwww all these posts have made me sad :(

Im a massive believer in being able to find a special someone despite being a single mum. Ive even been on a date whilst prego!!

I genuinely don't think men mind women having a child. It's BOYS who mind. Remember that :)

The only thing that makes me sad, is that this baby will probably not have a brother or sister for a few years
Thats another thing that gets me actually. I have 2 younger brother with there only being 18months between me and the next, then 22 months between him and the youngest. I loved the fact I had siblings near my own age and still love that. I always planned to have close gaps between my old children, but hey! never mind, i'm just happy i'm having one for now.

Well Rae you just never know what might happen. I thought Emily would never have a brother or sister but here we are 13 yrs later and tonight she felt her little sister kick.

x

I'm sure it goes through all our heads at some point. I thought it was going to be a huge deal with the men that I had a kid but so far it's not seemed to be that big a deal except with some dickhead (pardon my french but yeah.. most appropriate word I have on hand) who assumed that I wanted his kids because I already had one.

I worry about that too sometimes, but I believe strongly in true love/soul mates, so I believe if I'm meant to be with somebody it will happen eventually, when the time is right.:hugs: There are alot of people that worry about this though, you're not being selfish!

Oh yes, all the time.

I've just gone through a really heartbreaking break-up, so the first thing that runs through my mind is "I'm going to be alone forever". I'm a very insecure person anyway, but I wouldn't change having this baby for the world, even if it does mean i'll be on my own for the rest of my life - because I won't really be alone anyway.

I was at my friends BBQ yesterday and was surrounded by couples. Infact I think I was the only singleton there. In particular there was one couple who were also expecting. They were laid on the grass all happy, with Daddy rubbing Mums tummy and talking to the bump. I was watching them and felt SO envious of them and felt like bursting into tears. I ended up going home early, then felt annoyed at myself for being such an idiot.

I know that there is someone out there for me though that'll treat me better than bubs Dad has done.

look at you your so pretty, you just need healing time and if you find a new partner if he any good he take you and lo as a package

I was worried about this initially, but realised that I'm probably gonna have too much to do without thinking about that.. lol..

I'm kinda more bothered about my ex being a pain in the ass..

Plus, I got asked on a date (which I declined) at work in a pub on friday night.. so it can't be that scary for them..

Em
x

I feel the same. At the moment i've had to move back in with my parents and i'm worried i'll never move out cu i wont be able to afford a place by myself! Also very cautious about meeting new men what with having oliver as it wouldnt be fair on him to get used to a new man..then for him to disappear after he's got bored with me. :( I worry about everything when it comes to being a single mum. x

look at you your so pretty, you just need healing time and if you find a new partner if he any good he take you and lo as a package
Awh thanks.

Sam, you'll be fine hun. You're such a strong character - you've already been through so much, but someone somewhere will take on you and Oli and you'll be much happier than you have been.

Hark at me giving advice when I can't even take it myself, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->