dont really know where to put this

SophiasMummy

Mummy to Sophia
Reaction score
Well today I found out my nan has cancer and has just started chemo and radiotherepy for it, apparently she has a 75% chance of pulling through. But im so upset, I was so close to her when I was younger and just cant imagine the possibility of her not being here. I feel even worse as my entire family dont seem bothered by it, my nan rang my dad who lives in tailand and his words to her were 'well youve lived a good enough life' which has upset me even more. I just dont know what to do I have no one to really talk too and just feel like crap, it seems like nothing ever seems to go right for me accept LO :(.

My grandad also has cancer and has done for a while so I kind of learnt to deal with him having it esp as we arent that close. But the posibility of losing both of them is just too much to deal with. I just dont know what to do

:hugs::hugs: I am so sorry, try and stay positive for your nan. The odds are in her favour and please remember that, if you are feeling positive then that has to have a good effect on your nan as well as she will need her strength and reassurance from those closest to her. x

Hey.

Nearly three year ago we found out my Mum had caner (aged 44) and she died exactly two month later. There was no chance of her ever recovering and starting treatment would have shortened her life as it would have too her strength.

Your Nan has been given positive information, she can fight this and overcome it. Don' let yourself think for one minute that she will no pull through. You need to stay positive, not for your Nan's sake but for your own. I was told when my Mum was ill to prepare for e worst and hope for the best. I am not going to say that to you as it doesn't sound very reassuring and who wants to prepare for the worst? It was different for me as the best situation I could have hoped for was she wouldn't sure too much.

Your Nan's chances, although not excellent, are still VERY good. Give her support and try no to let her see you sad, she will be worrying about you anyway and you wont want to give her cause to worry more. Do you have a partner who can offer you support? A shoulder to cry on? It is very important that you have support circle to help you deal with it and be there for you when you need someone.

Your Dad probably didn't mean to be nasty. The news will have come as a great discomfort to him (assuming they are mother and son here) and he will have had no idea what to say and said the first thing that he though that he though to have been reassuring. Men aren't the best at words. He may well call back to get more information etc.

Sorry I couldn't be much help but if you would like someone to talk to/vent at, please get in touch ad I will be happy to assist in any way I can.

XXX

Thanks. No my dad meant it badly, he told her before the only time he might come back to england is for her funeral, he is a selfish man we barely talk, infact I havent spoke to him since just before my LO was born, he just doesnt care about anything except himself and his money x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->