Don't think anyone is coming to my baby shower :-(

I'd try not to worry too much honey, when we sent the invites for our wedding reception I was amazed at how few even bothered to RSVp after we'd gone to so much effort with the invites/given them loads of notice etc and I spent an age chasing them all up. The majority were like 'oh yeah, I'm coming, sorry, forgot to RSVP' Arrggghhhhh!!! I'd send a group text saying you need to confirm numbers etc and see what you get back. I'm sure it'll be wonderful, baby showers are not something we tend to do in the Uk : - ( X X X

How much notice did you give them?

I am giving a 2 week 2 day notice. I didn't want to go 2 far in advance. I hope that's enough time. However, most of the ppl I invited I told the exact date, location, and time, as I had to call for addresses.

Thanks ladies. I'm just so nervous. I wasn't planning on having a shower-it was my mom & my sister's ideas, but after I'd already started telling everyone & getting excited, mom & Sis seem to have lost interest and have been out if town, leaving me to plan (and often pay) myself, just to save face! I should have kept my mouth shut til I knew they were serious abt this--I just never expected 2 plan my own baby shower

wow can I come sounds awesome! HAng in there people are always slow to respond! Hope your day is lovely!!!

sounds great i want to come sounds like you have made a lot off effort organising eveything and yes your baby is some thing to celebrate so dont feel embarassed, i would get on the phone to these people and ask for a definite reply, i was in the same boat a while ago organised a really big yard party and only half turned up we spent £500 on food and had a rodeo pig booked, its a horrid situation to be in and frankly you dont need the stress of nnot knowing whose coming, i have to say i would be a bit narky with those who you expect a reply from its hard work and expensive organising all this and all they have to do is turn up! its etiquette to reply or at least send a nice card wishing you well, dont let it fester but if you dont get the response you want i would pick your moment to let them know you're dissapointed.:nope:

Too late for me to RSVP? I could use a say of pampering, lol:) I hope your baby shower goes well, anyone who would want to miss it is crazy!

I hope it all goes well for you and you have a lovely baby shower. I've never been to one before but your one sounds amazing!

I personally don't like sending invites out as I prefer to speak to people so I know for definate if they are coming. If I was you I'd maybe phone each of them if you have their numbers and ask them individually if they will be able to make it.

Keep us updated, I bet it will be a fantastic party in the end! xxx

I hope people do turn up for yours, and I second the suggestion of calling people. Stay positive, but to be honest... my MIL threw me a shower, and only got 3 RSVPs. Of those, the most excited person who RSVP'd first, didn't show up. Another girl told me several times she was coming, but didn't officially RSVP, and didn't show up. Only 2 people I knew came, sisters who drove together. I definitely appreciated them coming, when nobody else could be bothered. My MIL must have panicked when nobody was RSVP'ing because she wound up inviting several ladies she knew from church, who were so kind to come to a baby shower for me, who they didn't even know. It really puts things into perspective, when total strangers will show up with little notice, to support you and celebrate with you, but friends you've known for years can't be bothered to even acknowledge the invitations. :(

Wow your baby shower sounds amazing! Wish I was on the friends list lol. Like others have said i'd send a quick message just saying that you wish to re-confirm how many are coming over so you can do final preparations etc I'm sure people will turn up because if they didn't they'd be missing out! :)

ppl just arent good at RSVPing these days. I had my first shower out of town and thought no one would come, but 17ppl showed. Quite a bit of them rsvp'd. Then I had my 2nd shower in the town I live in, about 17 ppl out of 50 rsvp'd. I was really sad and thought it would be a bust. But...over 50 ppl showed! It was insane. WIsh we had more of them rsvp just so we could of prepared more food. I wouldnt worry, they will show...just bad about rsvping Im sure

I agree with autumntx. We don't do baby shower over here but when my OH's sister got married, she told me she had to chase quite a lot of people cos they didn't reply to their invite at all. So i would call people if i were you.xx

havent read all posts yet but they would be silly not to and im sure they will all turn up sounds really lovely, my shower was a few sausage rolls and some cake at my house lol

Can I please go??? :haha: Sounds amazing!!!

I hope it all works out hun. :hugs:

No one RSVP'd to my shower, I just think people are slackers now a days. Too be honest the two showers I went too recently I didn't RSVP for either. lol. I'm sure people will come. Your baby shower sounds amazing! I would come rofl.

This sounds like a really nice party. I won't be having one:(, so I feel ya. Hopefully you'll get some R.S.V.P's. w/ last baby, no one really responded either but most showed up. Good luck.

Too late for me to RSVP? I could use a say of pampering, lol:) I hope your baby shower goes well, anyone who would want to miss it is crazy!

Completely off topic but I graduated from Evans high what a small world

Remember that your shower is meant to be about you and your baby, and it sounds to me as if you are investing a heck of a lot into your guests!! PLEASE put yourself first!!!

With that said, it sounds amazing, and I so hope you can afford to be doing all that for everyone!

Definitely send a text around saying you need to know final numbers for catering purposes. Wishing you a great day and I hope you don't stress too much about it! I'm sure people just forget to RSVP or don't think it's important, but when you're the one hosting a function, it's nerve-wracking wondering if anyone's going to turn up!

HAVE FUN! And let us know when you start hearing back from people! xx

Sounds really amazing, Id RSVP straight away! :flower:

Why not send a msg to everyone you invited on facebook to remind them to RSVP? Would save yourself some time rather than text each (lazy) individual :)

I so wanted a ladies only shower, but my Mom and sisters pushed me to make it co-ed they said people would not come if they could not bring their others. Mine is Saturday, so I will see if they were right. Hope yours go well hun.

how did baby shower go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->