Don't think anyone is coming to my baby shower :-(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Teampinky, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Teampinky

Teampinky Active Member

I feel so stupid/embarrassed. I've sent invitations to about 45 people and nothing. No rsvp's; no one even acknowledges that they've received an invitation and I'm just so confused! I pretty much planned my entire shower, as my mom has been out of town and my sister lost interest...all of my guests' meals will be paid for at the best restaurant in town, Chanel no5 and a $100 restaurant gift card are the prizes for the winners of the 2 baby shower games, favors are bottles of OPI nail polishes, I had all of the invitations custom-made, everyone gets their own mini cake, rather than a slice, and we're serving bottomless champagne. I'll be devastated if no one shows! Is it because it is for ladies only and no kids are allowed? I mean, could ppl be offended? Do women have to bring their children/men everywhere? I'm so confused! Anyone in the same boat?

2. MsLesley

MsLesley Well-Known Member

Awwww!!! That is so sad =( have you tried calling anyone?

3. queenlavera

queenlavera Mommy to a miracle

I so wanted a ladies only shower, but my Mom and sisters pushed me to make it co-ed they said people would not come if they could not bring their others. Mine is Saturday, so I will see if they were right. Hope yours go well hun.

4. Teampinky

Teampinky Active Member

Thanks ladies! I haven't called anyone yet. The RSVP date is the day before Thanksgiving and the shower is the following Saturday. I'm trying to give it some time but I'm just shocked that out of all those ppl, I don't even have ONE reply. I'd even appreciate regrets at this point! Something!

& queenlavera, I hope you enjoy your shower! Congrats!

5. tink30

tink30 Well-Known Member

Your shower sounds amazing! they would be really silly to miss it xx

6. Teampinky

Teampinky Active Member

Tink, ur such a sweetheart. Thank you! I know how some ppl dread baby showers, so I just wanted to make this one more like a nice get-together. I just want the ladies to have a nice time...if they even show!

7. tink30

tink30 Well-Known Member

its a beautiful party and they are getting treated aswell.. i know with work these days it can be really hard to reply to these things (but im sure in there head they are coming..) can you send out a text to them all.. just saying u had not heard back yet and was hoping to share this with them.. atleast then you will know xxx
    I had a 30th party last year..got no rsvps and people were busy arraging hotels and everything lol.. so know what its like to be in limbo :hugs::flower:

8. Jtiki

Jtiki Well-Known Member

I would suggest calling folks. With an RSVP around the holidays, it might of slipped their mind, especially of they will be traveling. Good luck.

9. hermosa0308

hermosa0308 Well-Known Member

I hope i turns out well...i know its right after a holiday and then black friday...so ppl may be nervous about their finances:-k...mabey they have a surprise one or something planned for you...i telll u one thing..i sure would attend! i love showers! i was planning mine in dec but i know thats a tough time so i switched it till jan. :hugs:

10. cupcakemomma

cupcakemomma Finally have our miracle!

That's awful! I don't understand why people have such a hard time RSVPing now-a-days :/

But boy, I sure want to go! Never been to a shower *that* good!

11. aaaaa

aaaaa Well-Known Member

It may be that they are planning on coming, but haven't rsvp'd. Seems people just don't like to do it these days! OR it could be that they are just waiting until closer to time to rsvp?

I don't know, but I bet you will have guests hun. It sounds like such a great shower! Wishing you the best!

12. jenniferttc1

jenniferttc1 mommy of 1 baking #2

I have learned no body rsvp's these days. All of my friends that had showers, no one rsvp and still had tons of people come.
    I think they want to have the decision till the very end if they can end up making the shower. Instead of saying they will come, and not be able to

13. chobette

chobette Mom to 2

I would call now to get RSVP's, I started checking in with people a week before the RSVP date and didn't pay for the dinner until I had a final head count. xx :hugs:

14. luckybreak

luckybreak Well-Known Member

So how far is your party from Tampa Florida? because I would totally go!! such a wonderful party!! I would do what the ladies suggested call and let them know you haven't received an rsvp and need a final count. I hope you get tons and it is just wonderful! I hope you share photos :)

15. jenniferttc1

jenniferttc1 mommy of 1 baking #2

Thats exactly what I did :thumbup:
    Sent a mass text out to tell everyone to text me if they are coming for head count for food and favors

16. Teampinky

Teampinky Active Member

Thank you everyone. I will give them all a call. I feel a lot better now!

17. zerolivia

zerolivia Cayden's Proud Mama

that sounds like a legit babyshower! lol can I come?!?! :p

18. ChescaRose

ChescaRose Mummy to two :)

That sounds an amazing shower! I'm sure you'll have loads of guests :) people are just lazy when it comes to rsvp'ing (me being one of them, whoops :s) lol good luck xx

19. fatmumslim

fatmumslim Well-Known Member

have u tried also making it a facebook event? so people can click or write on the wall of the event to sau if the r coming. im terrible i never do things properly, i normally get in touch if i know i cant go but leave it til nearer the time if i think im probably going! but then im a preggo scatter brain xxx

20. _jellybean_

_jellybean_ Well-Known Member

How much notice did you give them?