Don't touch my nipples!!!!

redneckhippy

Reaction score
So I've never been a fan of having my nipples touched or played with. Unfortunately for me, my DH loves the nipples. Before I have occassionally tolerated it "in the moment" because he likes it so much, but it's never been something that I like at all. Well, now at 34 weeks pregnant, that feeling has like exploded a hundred-fold. It's not just that I don't enjoy it, I can't stand it. Last night DH tried to play with them a bit and my feeling was so strong it was like I wanted to punch him in the face just for touching them. It didn't hurt, it was just like a deep repulsive feeling like I couldn't stand someone touching them. Even now, just thinking about him touching them makes me start to get that feeling. I know before people have mentioned that it's different when baby comes, but I'm really concerned this is going to be a problem for breastfeeding. If my DH just trying to play with my nipples a bit makes me so repulsed, I'm really concerned I will never be able to tolerate someone trying to latch on and suck them...

I also dislike my nipples being touched, evermore so now I'm BF. However it didn't cause a problem with feeding dd2 as it feels different, it's the 'fun' touching and playing I don't like. That said dd is still young so hoping she doesn't start to touch and fiddle as she gets bigger

Ugh I hate mine being touched too and I know that feeling u r talking about! But for some reason bf'ing doesn't give me that feeling and I've been doing it for 10 months! I still doing want oh doing it tho!

I generally hate having mine touched, too. I couldn't let my baby play with one as he feeds *shudder*. But the actual feeding part is fine. Totally different area of my brain. Although my husband always tries to kiss me while I feed, and that makes me feel icky. You'll most likely be fine - your body will just see you baby and want to feed them :)

I think its mainly hormones that's doing it!! I feel like that when pregnant.. its like a strong aversion.
And like others have said the feeding part is a totally different feeling.

I get the same want to punch him in the face feeling and I can promise you bf is different. We're at nearly 22 months now and if it weren't for pregnancy making me very tender and giving me aversion I would still be loving it. I want to tandem nurse if possible so, so far I've been gritting my teeth and bearing it.

I hate having my nipples touched but it was not an issue at all feeding my LO until she was much, much older (2.5 years).

I'm another "don't touch my nipples!" gal but love breastfeeding. It doesn't feel at all like that "don't f-ing touch my boobs or I will feed you to the sharks" feeling.

I still feel like that when my OH touches my nipples, like I want to scream and punch him, but I wouldn't hesitate to breastfeed another 99999 times if I had to.

Just chiming in, trust me the breastfeeding doesn't feel the same as your OH trying to play with them. When that baby is hungry all you are going to want to do is feed and soothe them and your brain knows that.
While not averse to that part of my body being played with PRE pregnancy, and having gone through two pregnancy....YES in the third trimester I totally got the dont fing touch them/repulsed feeling. and honestly while breastfeeding I STILL strongly have that emotion. It's mentally like 'hey pal these are working boobies, don't mess with them'.
But having had my first and then a second baby I know that emotion will die down for you even if it isn't until after you stop breastfeeding, but it will settle.
Either try just talking to your other half or gently nudging him out of that area when he starts in.

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who's gotten the instant repulsed feeling when they're touched (other than by LO). :winkwink: DH isn't thrilled. Oh well. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->