Doppler advice

shirlls

Reaction score
I am 7 weeks today and even though I have had a successful pregnancy with my last one I had 2 early losses at 5-6 weeks before having my LO so I am mega paranoid about something going wrong. Last time I had a scan at 6 weeks, another (privately) at 9 weeks as well as the 12 weeks scan. However this time I have child care to think about and can't get to the hospital as easily and I can't afford a private scan so I am hoping to use a doppler to help my peace of mind until I am 12 weeks (all being well).

I know a doppler can be a double edge sword as it can cause unnecessary worry as it doesn't always pick up the heartbeat, I am aware of this but going to use it and see how it goes.

I know a hand held home doppler doesn't usually pick up anything until 8 weeks plus, however the last time I managed to get something at 7 and a half weeks so I gave it a go tonight. I did pick up a rhythmic sound but it sounded a lot slower and sounded like a rhythmic whooshing sound, has anyone had experience of this at such an early stage?

Or maybe I just want to believe it was the heartbeat lol :dohh:

It wont be the heartbeat. Will probally just be your blood flow. Im nearly 12 weeks and have only picked the hb up twice so I would wait until about 10 weeks x

I wasn't able to find baby until 12/13 weeks. But that wishing sounds like the placenta. Just keep searching really low at your pubic bone very slowl moving around. Good luck and happy and healthy 9 months!

As the other ladies have said, it does sound like it could be the placenta. Baby will be reeeeeally near to the placenta at this stage, and with plenty of patience it is possible to find them early. I found my baby at 8+5 right above my pubic bone with the probe angled down. Good luck and hope you hear that beautiful sound soon. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->