Doppler advice

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Hi ladies I'm just popping over from second tri to see if any of you lovely ladies can give me some doppler advice?!

I managed to go this long without getting one but then couldn't hold back any longer so I ordered myself one and it arrived today! Eeekk!!!!

Only thing is, I'm not sure I'm using it properly / it's working properly etc.....

Took me ages to hear anything, couldn't even find my own heartbeat! lol

Then eventually I found what sounded like our DDs hb (138 bpm) but it was on my pubic bone?!
Should she really be this far down???

I had a MW app yesterday and she found her much higher!

So was I actually listening to her hb or mine??

MW measured her at 134 bpm yesterday so seems right but just very very low for 18 weeks - Please help

Hi hun, sorry, I dont have any answers, just didnt want to read and run! Im very unprepared and barely know anything as my pregnancy was a surprise, but I am only 12 weeks and when using a doppler my baby's hb is on the pubic bone. Maybe your baby has moved position? When I tried using my doppler (which arrived 2 days ago) I couldn't hear ANYTHING........... then I realised I hadn't pushed the earphone plug right into the socket in the doppler :dohh: Good luck with it, hopefully someone with more helpful advice will help you xx

Thank you and congratulations on the best surprise EVER!!!!!!

Sounds like you're doing it just fine. The baby's heartbeat will be down pretty far until it gets bigger and is forced to move. Don't worry; your MW would've told you if the heartbeat wasn't fast enough.

Sounds like you're doing it just fine. The baby's heartbeat will be down pretty far until it gets bigger and is forced to move. Don't worry; your MW would've told you if the heartbeat wasn't fast enough.

Thank you, I'm ok with the heart rate, just more concerned that she's still so low in my pelvis when my bump 'popped' 2 weeks ago?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->