Doppler and cramping?

HappyWife90

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am 21 weeks along and always worry when it seems like baby isn't moving very much. I used my doppler this evening to check on him and he kicked it right away! I could feel him squirming in response to it. I shut it off really quickly, but within a few minutes I started having cramping. It's not terribly intense but it has lasted about an hour now. Could I have harmed the baby, or can fetal movement cause cramps? I'm so worried now!

I can't imagine you could have harmed him. I know I've had painful areas with movement usually not until later, but not really cramping. Could you maybe need some water? I know I have had some cramps that get better if I drink more. Hope all is well.

I think him kicking you and moving made him flip or turn and that caused some cramping. I'm pretty sure he's perfectly safe and sound in there and even a little pissed off :p mine always kicks the Doppler too and runs away.

The doppler shouldn't have caused cramps, unless you really shoved it into your belly, which I doubt you did. I had a lot of cramping around that time, and I'm pretty sure it was gas that was trapped. Unless you're bleeding or the cramps are intense, I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks ladies. The cramping lasted longer than I would have liked, but eventually eased up. I have had some on and off since then, so maybe it's just normal 21-week growth. I'll stop bugging him with the doppler for a little bit :) and keep drinking water like it's my job!

I've been a bit more crampy than usual - really must follow the drinking more advice!
I love it when the babies kick the doppler, as if to say "gerroff!". I think it was probably the kick that just caused the cramping. I don't think it takes much to cause cramps at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->