Doppler at 10 weeks

atx614

Mom of 3
Reaction score
I just got my Doppler and I am not able to find the HB at all. Way over by my hip bone I am getting 125 but on the left and right side. I have done all along my pubic bone and pointed down and moved slowly back and forth with a full bladder. Any advice on how to find the HB. I told myself I wouldn’t freak out if I couldn’t find heartbeat and I am not freaking out but I do feel really worries and anxious.

Doppler can be hit or miss early on. It's why most OB wait till a little further along to use one.

It can be difficult to find the heartbeat that early as baby is small and can hide!

Try a little higher hon. I always find mine about 2 inches above my pubic bone.
Take ure time and don't press to hard.
Don't worry if u can't find it tho it can be tricky.

Thank yall! I finally found it but only for a second. I found out I have an anterior placenta so probably blocking and harder to find

Ah that's probably what it is then hon.
My placenta is prosteria but I had a anterior placenta with DS and DD and it took ages to feel movements because the placenta cushions it all.
Glad u found it if only for a moment

@Suggerhoney thank you! I tried again today and found it much easier and was able to hear it for a much longer time. The numbers kept changing between 135-155 which is lower than it’s been at the scans, but it sounded like a train for sure so I know it was baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->