Doppler or not to doppler

Bumblebee24

Mummy July 2014 Rainbow
Reaction score
Hi ladies, so am currently 10+3 & have a scan a week today. Am tempted to buy the sonoline B Doppler as i had a previouse mmc before this one but wondered if its worth it.
Am I going to become obsessed with checking babies heart, I no ill freak out if I can't hear it.
Just really after opinions. Do you think it's worth it or just stick it out without one.

Hi, Im not sure if I will be helpful or not because I haven't got a doppler as i'm only 6 weeks but my sister is 35 weeks and brought one a couple months ago and she is very happy with it, also I can borrow it from her now haha so thats a positive and if you are planning on having future pregnancies you would be getting more use from it.

all the best :)

You can hire them for £9.95 per month from a company called Ana Wiz Ltd. Had mine from around 16 weeks & as I had a previous MC it gave me great piece of kind to hear the HB everyday :)

I have the sono line b and found my lb at around 12wks, as this was when I got it! With this pregnancy I will start trying around 8wks, you just have to be patient and tell yourself it might take a while to find at first, I def recommend it though as even when I was not far from due if he was quiet, I would check, it really does help put your mind at ease! Xx

I've got a hi bebe one and it's the best thing I've ever had

I lost twins at 24 weeks so not sure how I would get through a pregnancy without it.

The main thing is not to worry if you can't find it, took a lot if time and patient but now I find it easy. I do it every other day x

I bought a sonoline b at around 9 weeks and couldn't find the hb.
I freaked myself out so much I had to book a private scan.
But she said my uterus it tilted all the way back so that's why I couldn't hear it.

Keep in mind it's early and some people don't find the hb until later on. Everyone's different.

Personally I regret getting mine before 12 weeks as I had a mmc in feb and it totally put me into a frenzy.

I tried it again yesterday and still couldn't find the hb :dohh:

I do think they're worth it but if you're a worrier then Maybe you should wait a bit.

Maybe wait until your first scan and use it after? I had my first scan at 9wks due to my dates and PCOS and this pregnancy will be anything from 7wks-9wks for my scan, depending in when it is I may wait until afterwards, that way I know if everything's ok and where the rill struggle to find bubs or not :) do what you feel is best x

I have bought an angel sounds was only £20 I got it on Saturday when I was 11 weeks 2 days and I found the heart beat straight away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->