Doppler placenta worries

Belle280601

Reaction score
Hey ladies im 19 weeks and 3 days and past few days she's been quite quiet in movements. When I get the Doppler out I hear her heart and then get placenta but every now and again the placenta beat slows down ridiculously slow makes my heart sink. Sure I didn't have this with my boys any ideas if this is normal? Thanks xxx

Does your heart beat follow that pattern as well? Its not uncommon for your hr to slow when breathing out and speed up when breathing in. Very common in young people, I never grew out of it. its also possibly artefact, maybe the placenta is moving in and out of the beam for whatever reason (eg movement of other nearby organs) if you're very worried might be worth just getting your midwife or ob to have a listen x

I'd say get checked out for your peace of mind, but try not to panic. You're not medically trained and there's that many sounds overlapping each other it can be very hard to genuinely distinguish what's what. Also, as far as I know, the placenta is slower than baby's heart rate. Get a medical opinion to be sure, but trying to diagnose problems with a Doppler is a recipe for unnecessary panic xxxxxxx :hugs:

Thanks ladies for your replies :kiss: tried to call up midwife base bloody shut at 4pm 😩 will call them again in the morning I felt on edge about telling them my Doppler concerns because I just know they don't like people using them haha xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->