Doppler Question

Dorchy2011

Reaction score
which one's provide the best results and would you recommend? I'm a very nervous mummy in waiting so do you think i would be best waiting until my 12 week scan next week to get one and try it out? at least if i try it on the same day as my scan and all is fine then ill know its not a problem if i cant find a hb - im worried that ill look this week and wont find one and then be panicking!

I was able to find my LO's heart beat at 10 weeks but I know a lot of women - and even trained professionals - can have trouble due to the position of the placenta, baby's location, uterus angle, etc. So a doppler might cause more stress than relief if not finding a hb is likely to make you panic.

That said, I have a Sonoline B and it's cheap and works fine. The heart rate readout isn't accurate early on, but it's easy enough to count the beats yourself with a stopwatch.

I too bought a SonolineB relatively cheap on Amazon and think it is well worth the money!
Found the heartbeat a 9+3 and like you I was worried and couldn't imagine waiting for the 12 week scan so it really helped reassure me!
I limit myself to only listening at most once a week, thats the deal with my OH or he'll take it and hide the doppler so I don't get obsessed.
I still can't pick up the bpm of the babies heartbeat but picks up mine. Just hoping that the bpm will show when abit further along.

Oh and I meant to add... when I am doing it. I make sure I'm relaxed, lying down on my bed and I actually only find the heartbeat when I have an empty bladder - whereas I think the doppler instructions suggest having a full bladder.

And like other poster mentioned, if you don't find it - don't panic!!!
Easier said than done but try not to.
:hugs:

Ive had same dilemma and personally going to wait until after my scan. Im worried already and will only worry more if I cant find a hb so Im gonna wait it out. x

any other recommendations for 12 weeks and a doppler that picks up a hb? xx

Id recommend sonoline A. Its great. I head hb at 8+6 woth no problems x

I have a baby sound, its crap cant hear sweet fa except my heartbeat!

Hey

I have an Angelsounds doppler (bought from Amazon for about £20 / £25) and I have been able to find baby's heartbeat for the last week. I used it in my last pregnancy too but being new and not really knowing what to look out for I didn't have any luck until the 14 week mark. This time around I've been a lot more successful a lot sooner. Good luck!

the dopplers are tricky. At 10-12 weeks is the first most doctors can find a heartbeat with one because the uterus is usually under the pelvic bone. You may pick up the sound od the placenta blood flow instead of the heartbeat which is very common even for DRs. The difference is the placenta will sound like a swishing sound and the babes heart beat will sound like a horses hoof clopping. If you are worried, lay down, use plenty of gel and have towels near for the clean up. Make sure you rcalm, relaxed and have plenty of time to search. Don't get worried if you don't find it, it's still early! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->