Doppler vs weight

wannabenewmum

Reaction score
Hi I am a 14-16 and I can't seem to find my baby's heart beat on my Doppler I have been trying since 9 weeks I am now 11wk4days , do u think its coz I am too fat ( I have excess skin on my tummy as I use to be a size 30) or should I gt hold of midwife or just wait it out
I know it's early but I read all the time about ppl finding it early as 8 weeks. This is my #7 baby 😕

Its probably still too early to tell. With my first pregnancy I was very overweight but they found a HB at 13 weeks on doppler. With this one they tried to find one at 10 weeks but couldn't because it is too early. I'd say probably around 13 weeks you could find it on your own.

More likely than anything else, you're not looking in the right place :)
When they are still little, finding them can be tricky! I wouldn't worry, you'll hear your little one soon

This is why I don't like dopplers! They cause so much unneeded worry, you're not picking it up for a multitude of reasons - position of baby, the fact Dopplers aren't super sensitive, it's still early and because it can be tricky to find - even midwives who do it for a living need a bit of time to find the heartbeat.

Try not to worry over it.

im a size 16 to 18 uk sizes.
I have a uterus that is tilted back aswell which makes it difficult. however i found the babies heart beat at 10weeks 5days x And can still hear it now at 12weeks 2days x

I was a UK size 24 with my daughter and didn't find her heartbeat till 15.5 weeks along. I don't think a midwife here would even try until 16 weeks because baby is still very small and there are too many factors that mean it would be hard to find, skinny or not.

You know ur right , I am giving my Doppler to a friend till I am further on , they do cause you to worry without need , I have since done research and realised its different for everyone I also have a tilted uterus
Thanks though guys does help to hear from everyone x

Im sure everything ok....with this being #7 im sure the baby found a nice little nook somewhere to get comfy. Dont worry!

I'm a little overweight and couldn't find my son's hb until about 14/15 weeks! Don't worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->