doppler works! UPDATED!!! now with a link to the sound of my baby :o)

magicbubble

Reaction score
today is 9 weeks and 6 days and boy am i happy and relieved! i heard baby on it for the first time. i got it when i was 8 weeks and it has taken to now to find a beat - about 170bpm!!!

people say it sounds like a train. but i have memorised the rhythem and it reminds me of squeaky bedsprings. ;)

i am loving knowing exactly where baby is in my tummy now. and i have a baby that is laying on my left side. does that mean i ovulated from the left side?

yay - now i can really keep tabs on little one between now and my dating scan :)

follow the link to my little bedsprings/chuggatrain/giddee-up-horsey baby :) https://soundcloud.com/magicbubble/audio-recording-on-thursday-night-1

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

ps. i was going to record it but everytime i tried, i lost the beat. i think i moved too much!

Congrats! I keep trying every day but i still have nothing! Any secrets?

i think part of it is waiting till baby is a bit bigger. today is the first time i heard it but also someone suggested using baby oil instead of the gel. so i did this which is good cos it moisturises your tummy at the same time (stretchmark prevention :) )

i had a wee just before i listened (couldnt hear or sit still with a bladder full and swishing away.)

also i heard that you should have a cold drink to make a baby move at the 12 week scan. so i tried this with my doppler today - just drank cold water.

my bottom was on a pillow.

also baby was a bit further left than i would have expected - not very central at all :)

good luck x

I'll try the cold drink. Otherwise ive done everything else. I guess its still not big enough. Im just so dang excited! Are you still doing it right at your pelvic bone? And how hard are you pushing?

aww that's fab!!

what doppler do you have? I began looking at them today. I really really want to hear my baby's heartbeat :)

Ive got the angel sounds one and I still cant find it.....lol

I will keep trying :)

They found it yesterday at my scan so I know beany is just hiding!!!!! pmsl

x

I still havent found my bean with angelsounds....tried all the tips except the oil and the cold drink. Going to hold off til 10 weeks and see then....glad others around the same stage are finding it tricky too and its not just me....hopefully in a week or so we'll all be addicted to listening with our dopplers x

I'll try the cold drink. Otherwise ive done everything else. I guess its still not big enough. Im just so dang excited! Are you still doing it right at your pelvic bone? And how hard are you pushing?

yes i think it was still around the bone. i didnt actually have to push all that hard, although the harder i pushed, the clearer it was :)

i think you are right with the word addicted - i have listened loads already :) i have mainly been trying to get a recording though which has been a bit tricky but i have finally succeeded. i have posted it in the first post of this thread so you can hear what sort of thing you are looking for. i also will take a photo of the circle i drew round the spot where i heard it on my tummy (no nudity dont worry) so you can see where abouts you might want to try looking. sometimes its hard to work it out from description i think :)

Aww, what an amazing sound! Thanks for sharing. :flower:

i hope i got it right. i listened back and am not sure now lol. i dont think its me as i have not so far found my beat quite in the spot where i found that one...

and it sounds fast but not as fast as i thougt.

does any experienced person have any opinions or suggestions? am i right?

That's really cool! I can't wait til my doppler arrives, I have gotten the same as you.

To me it sounded like helicopter blades spinning. :lol:
I'm trying to convince hubby to buy me a doppler. My scan isn't until the 14th of February and it seems so far away!

To me it sounded like helicopter blades spinning. :lol:
I'm trying to convince hubby to buy me a doppler. My scan isn't until the 14th of February and it seems so far away!

i know what you mean. mine was originally 1st feb but it was too early for nt testing so i asked to get it changed. wish i had kept that date now as it would have been next week! but instead its 15th feb - day after you. im ok about it as it means i will see more on the scan hopefully but its another 2 and a bit weeks to wait! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->