Doppler

Mrnmrsm

TTC#2
Reaction score
So got given a Doppler by a friend today and thought for a laugh i’d try it, only to find a heartbeat!!

I’m gobsmacked but for the first time since I found out it feels real!!

I'm jealous! I tried with mine today for funsies and nothing :( But then I wasn't able to find DD until 8w5d. Congrats on finding the hb!

I wasn’t expecting to find anything at all! I was going to have a quick go and then put it away till after 9 weeks.

I found it but then once I lost it couldn’t find it again haha

Woo, that's great! I tried mine last weekend and only found my own hb, I'm gonna try again when I hit 9 weeks and see how it goes.

Isn't it a wonderful experience. And now you can listen to baby's heartbeat anytime you want :)

I bought my doppler around 8 weeks. I had to search Youtube/videos online to find out how to find it so early on (it was my first time using one). A woman said to place the doppler right above the pubic bone, press down gently, and angle to probe downward. And BOOM! There it was.

Its reassuring to be able to hear it. My bloodwork came back with elevated TSH and it made me extremely nervous about misscarriage, but it puts my mind at ease to hear my baby's heartbeat. It is the best investment I have made thus far in the pregnancy.

We havent told my son I am pregnant yet, and he walked into the room when I had the doppler on my belly and determined its because I had to check my heart because of all the nausea haha now he has to listen to his heartbeat and tummy gurgles, too.

Awesome! :cloud9: Now I need to get mine back from my SIL!

Oh wow! How exciting!!!

What brand was it? I have one but I don't even know if it still works because it's been in my closet since I was pregnant with my son. I was thinking of starting to try in a few weeks. :)

We have a similar one to you I think, the UK version anyway (it looks the same but different names). It was delivered at 7+6, couldn't find them, next day there they were! Then it was pretty off and on with finding them, until perhaps a week later and I have been able to find them pretty much daily which has been lovely. They become so much easier to find from about 9/10 weeks onwards. Now I'm just more than 11 weeks I know where they're going to be the majority of the time, so I can find them pretty much immediately. It's a lovely reassuring feeling hearing their little heart chugging away like a littl train <3
Only thing I have found is they don't seem too accurate on the heart rate at first, and also the sound has gone weird on mine but I think it's the batteries

I’m in the U.K. too so will be the same one.
I’ve not found it since but I’m not worried either as I know it’s so so early

My friend gave me her Doppler when I was 9 weeks and I found the heartbeat within about 10 mins, I&#8217;m 11 weeks now and can find it within a few seconds.... it&#8217;s an amazing sound and my husband just sits there amazed when he&#8217;s listening to it &#55357;&#56842;

I’m in the U.K. too so will be the same one.
I’ve not found it since but I’m not worried either as I know it’s so so early

Oh isn't that odd. All the YouTube videos I have seen of Dopplers have mostly been American and always Sonoline, ours looks the same but is a different name.

Yeah they can be hard to find, I'm sure you will find them again soon though

Is yours a pocket fetal Doppler happy?

I went against my word and got it out again today but found a really strong heartbeat right away!
Why does it just melt you every time &#128525;

I can't remember, which is silly lol! I know it doesn't say those words on the front like the Sonoline does, though. I imagine it's the same size however.
Aw, that's lovely! I promised myself I wouldn't use it daily but I did, and I still do at the moment. I just find it reassuring

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->