Dopplers arrived but no hb??

lou1979

Mummy to 3 beautiful boys
Reaction score
I cant find babies heartbeat for love nor money!

All i can here is mine thuding away.. im so disheartened :(

Im now convinced something is wrong as my symptoms stopped at about 9.5 weeks!

help!

Dont panic!!!

Its really hard to fidn the heart beat when your early...I know I did!

I did eventually find mine right behind my pubic bone...and had to press quite a bit too and use loads of gel.

But it was a hit or a miss.

Best thing to do is relax on your bed...loads of gel....and start way lower than you think like right one hte bone and press harder too. Slow movements as I also scanned too fast and would catch it as I flew by.

Hope this helps...

:hugs:

Emma.xx

Oh huni, you have no idea how reassuring that is to hear!

I was near on intears when i spend over 40 mins and nothing!

im gonna leave it until i have a fuller bladder and give it another go!

thankyou x

I didnt find mine straight away either even when i did it took me ages to find each time.

I used lots of gel, pressed really hard and found it helped if i looked when i needed a wee!

Its early days as your only 11weeks so this makes it really hard to find your babies heartbeat...i remember searching for mine for about an hour sometimes.
your baby is really low down at the moment. try putting it in line with your hip bone a few cm in.

This is why my OH wont let me buy one because ill just worry if i cant find it...im sure it's there somewhere, it's only a tiny lil heart so it will take time to find it :) best of luck hun :hugs: xXx

Oh huni, you have no idea how reassuring that is to hear!

I was near on intears when i spend over 40 mins and nothing!

im gonna leave it until i have a fuller bladder and give it another go!

thankyou x

Hi Lorraine - you would have to be soooo experienced to find it so early on. I used to have difficulty finding Mollie's when I was over 20 weeks gone!

I agree though try much lower down than you think ...... like just above the pubic bone.

:hugs: i cant get one on mines either... dont stress..midwives dont usually even try annd find one until about 15/16 wks anyway cos it apparently is too hard to hear. So my midwife claims :)

:hugs: i cant get one on mines either... dont stress..midwives dont usually even try annd find one until about 15/16 wks anyway cos it apparently is too hard to hear. So my midwife claims :)

hi hun,

my midwife said this as well, she didnt try untill I was 15 wks, because it's so hard to hear and she didnt want to worry us
x

I can't stop thinking about getting one. One minute I want one then the next I don't, I guess I am just scared if I can't find the heartbeat.
I might go to Mothercare after work now though. Does anyone have the Mothercare one and no if its any good?
Also are there any other shops that sell them? I'm quite excited now!!

i was 15/16 weeks before they could find mine with a dopplar, i had every midwife in the hosptial trying to find the heart beat when i went in last time with stomach pain. i think they were just determined not to have to give me a scan but ended up getting one! Try not to worry, as hard as that is!

Hi
The best place i find mine is the right side by my hips but have to move it about alot to find it and press down a bit have you got the gel for it? it does help!

yeh huni i have the gel, now i think i may have found it!

im not 100% but its different to my HB im gonna get a stop watch and count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->