Double barrelled name question?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
We want to use Eliza-Grace but call her Gracie as her nickname. Is that stupid? (The nn being from the second name)
Not normally a fan of double names but because if the sentimental reasons we've decided it's best for us.

Doesn't sound silly at all to me hun :flower: PS love the name ❤

I named my baby Mary Grace with the intention of calling her Gracie. Mary was my husbands grandmother and I like the name Grace BUT what ended up happening was a bit messed up cause he calls her Mary and I call her Grace and half our other kids call her Mary and the other half call her Grace. Most extended family call her Mary Grace and EVERYONE's confused lol. I wish we'd firmly decided exactly what to call her before she was born and stuck to it. She's 14 months now and answers to both and I'm sure it will sort itself out by school age. I don't regret her double name at all, I still love her name but if I could offer any advice it would be DON'T do what I did, make it clear what her name will be every day! Beautiful name, by the way.

My daughter gets Isabelle, Izzy and Belles. But I quite like it lol! Isabelle by me, Izzy by everyone else and Belles by my dad.

I would inform everyone that she is to be Gracie as her nickname not Liza/Liz etc.

Both names have such a special meaning to us we have decided to put the two together but we LOVE Gracie and think it softens Eliza slightly and makes it less harsh xx

Far from stupid! I actually prefer it this way - it does soften Eliza a lot, and as long as you are firm and consistent with what you call her, it will stick. :flower: It's nice that you find the name special enough to include as a first name!

I'm glad the feedback is good! Thanks girls :)

It's lovely, and I'm so glad you finally have a name :haha:

We often call Rory by his middle name, Oscar, as does his granddad, but it isn't confusing any more than when we use nicknames.

It's lovely, and I'm so glad you finally have a name :haha:

We often call Rory by his middle name, Oscar, as does his granddad, but it isn't confusing any more than when we use nicknames.

So am I! Hated not having one x

Love it - one of my good friend's NN is Gracie so maybe I'm partial but I really think it's just fine to have a NN off the second name :flower: Lovely choices by the way - very pretty~ :)

I think that's adorable and a great compromise! If you don't like the double-barrelled so much though I'd just do Eliza Grace and still use Gracie. This reminds me of Teen Mom 2 with Leah's daughter being Aleah Grace but they call her Grace/Gracie. no different than a boy called John Thomas and going by Thomas or JT if you ask me. Love it!!
so glad you finalized her name!!

PS - love how their names have matching syllables too, whether intentional or not.

Yep we named our oldest Brooklyn Grace intending on calling her Gracie. My DH's dad called her sweet baby Grace for a long time, but we never did. She's Brooklyn or Brook unless she's in trouble. If you say Grace all by itself she knows she's in trouble. Funny thing is her nickname will always and forever be Beanie Baby and I have no idea why. :)

I think that's adorable and a great compromise! If you don't like the double-barrelled so much though I'd just do Eliza Grace and still use Gracie. This reminds me of Teen Mom 2 with Leah's daughter being Aleah Grace but they call her Grace/Gracie. no different than a boy called John Thomas and going by Thomas or JT if you ask me. Love it!!
so glad you finalized her name!!

PS - love how their names have matching syllables too, whether intentional or not.

I love teen mom. Never noticed she used Grace though! It was sort of intentional lol! Sad I know.
X

Do you all think Grace-Eliza would be better?
(We don't think it flows well?)

I think Eliza Grace sounds much better and Eliza goes better with Isabelle to me. Gracie and Izzy is a cute sibset though.

I think Eliza-Grace flows better, but Grace-Eliza is nice too. And using Gracie for either is totally fine imo :)

I think if you want to use Eliza then Eliza-Grace is lovely. And I adore Gracie, just love that name!

I would probably go Grace Eliza Daisy S, but that's only because if I was using Gracie I'd have Grace as a first name. I like things simple haha. But that's just me, and I know plenty of people who get called by their second name! All gorgeous names as usual x

How typical that we decide on an unusual name and 2 people in my year at school have now announced they're calling their daughter it!
Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->