Double Trouble! Expectant Twin Mums - Spring 2012

WOW you are past 38 weeks. Will they be delivering you shortly??

well I want to avoid being induced so I'm thinking if they don't come before 40 weeks then I'll consider induction... going to see what the consultant suggests today. I'm huge but babies are kicking away so I'm not inclined to agree for them to come out yet if they're not ready. Have had a few niggles today so maybe its the start of things fingers crossed!!

Brielle close up.jpg

Alexis close up.jpg

Hi ladies!! Things are going well here. The girls are very good babies and do not fuss 2 much. Hopefully this lasts. How is every one else??

How cute! That is good they dont fuss too much :D

Aria never gained back her birth weight and I had to tak her to the doctor the oter day cos she would not stop vomiting and she is now being treated for reflux. Am hoping this works!! as its scary watching your little one not take anything in and keep it down.
I am no longer breastfeeding her, but am still expressig some feeds now that we have medicine for her to help her not throw it up.

Max is doing marvelous he has over taken his sisters weight now and loves the boob lol
He is a very clingy baby though and always wants cuddles which is quite exhausting and I am always trying to juggle both in my arms cos Aria misses out and I already feel bad enough that I'm no longer BFing her.

Things have been great otherwise though! I am having a really bad day today but before today I was thinking how great this has all been, just wish I had more time as I still cannot seem to get everything I need to get done, done.

Hey Ladies,

Glad to see people are okay.

I had my girls on May 2nd. Jeanette - 7lbs 2ozs and Adrienne - 6lbs 4ozs. Both girls have had a crazy ride. both ended up in the NICU. Jeanette was transferred over to the Level 3 NICU as she was pretty bad off. Lungs just were not working right. She is 100% better now. She was only in the NICU for about 11 days. Adrienne was diagnosed with Down Syndrome on birth. So she was in the NICU for lung issues as well for 18 days. Then home for 2weeks and she just spent 5 days in the NICU after scaring the life out of me by stopping breathing. She is now home on Oxygen, which we think will help.

|Needless to say life is busy. But I am lucky that both girls are home.

Hi ladies. The girls are now a month old!! I have been so busy and have not had time to come on. How is everyone??

I have a question. One of the girls grunts all the time. At first I thought she was grunting bc she was uncomfortable bc she would grunt and bend her knees and push.(nothing would happen, she has a hard time going to the bathroom but her doctors say it is because her body is still immature) Now, while she still does that, she grunts just to grunt. She does it all the time. Is this a problem? Her doctors say babies grunt it is just a sound they make. They are not ruiling out acid reflux so I will call them tomorrow and see if I can come in again and discuss that. It is hard to listen to all day. I think she is uncomfortable and wish she would just make cooing sounds instead if she is just grunting as a way to communicate. Do your babies do this. Her sister does not grunt like this.

Hi! Mason & Olivia were born at 39w+1 on May 18th at home weighing 6lb 4 and 6lb10. Quick labour and have just been getting to know them the last 3 weeks. I never thought I'd manage tandem feeding but we seem to do that about half the feeds when they are both hungry.

Minivan - how are you doing? I'm sending big hugs to you. I can imagine that is quite the rollarcoaster ride and I do hope that you are also looking after yourself. xxx

Adie - not sure on grunting, mine have been v. sniffley for the last 2 weeks

Is anyone getting any sleep??? x

wooahh we all must be so busy! I know I am. I'm getting more sleep now but I am averaging about 6 hours a night waking up in between

Not sure what my last update was, but Aria is still having feeding issues, we have her now on a formula we are hoping to get a script for because its currently costing us about $70 - $100 a week just for her formula.
The goats milk stopped working, she gets sick and vomits breastmilk, same with standard formula and she is very passive with her sucking and doesn't take in much so feeding her is like a constant battle to keep anything in.
We have been referred to a pediatrician and are just waiting for the appointment card to show so hopefully she can be seen soon and we can get this feeding thing sorted, its been 8 weeks of just continual vomit!

She is gaining weight though, in the last two weeks she has gained 300 grams, her brother gained 500. Since we started the latest formula she has been a lot better, drinks more and doesn't vomit as much so its possibly a milk protein allergy but we will see what the doc says.
We did her hearing test yesterday and she failed on one ear they got no responses whatsoever. They seem to think she probably has a hearing problem given the family history but they did say it could of been fluid in her ear so fingers crossed thats all it is! We go back for a retest in two weeks.
We are now seeing her first smiles, shes not really making much noises but am happy to see her finally so smiley!!

Max, well hes a happy baby who is doing very well growth wise, he weighs more than his sister now and is full of energy and started cooing and being more social :D He has been having fussy periods at night recently where he just cries for an hour or so and nothing I do makes him stop! then he falls asleep and the rest of the night pretends like nothing happened! Everything else is on track with Max :D

How is everyone doing? exhausted? I know I am, I swore I would try and enjoy this newborn period, but tbh I just want it to hurry up......I want some freedom back. I am currently sitting here with one baby in the moby wrap with the other on my lap. Both fast asleep! Its the only way I get any sort of contact with the outside world haha

Who has left the house with both babies? I did earlier on a couple of times but can't now, I think I almost verge on panic attacks every time I have to leave and then I end up cancelling or rescheduling. Everything is now planned for OH's days off, the rest of the week I stay at home. Its easier that way, packing bags the car and then holding both with a toddler is just too much! I am waiting for a break in this crappy weather so I can start going for walks instead, just short ones at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->