Doula's?

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
Whats the going rate for a doula ladies?

I have absolutely no idea how much they cost so any help would be appreciated : )

Mentored doulas (those who have attended less than 4 births in a doula capacity) are only allowed to charge up to £200 per birth and £10 per hour postnatal. Recognised doulas are free to set their own prices - but usually fall in line with what other doulas in the area are charging

You can find doulas in your area through Doula UK https://doula.org.uk/

xxx

Thanks hun, Ive had a quote from a doula and she charges between £650 and £800 depending on distance.

Cost really does vary, but doulas are worth their weight in gold (I would say that, but it's true :winkwink:) Meet up with a few if you can - you will find who you 'click' best with xxx

Mentored doula are actually allowed to charge what they like now Boofs. They just have to be clear about what their level of expertise and experience is. :winkwink:

Jac I'd say where you are an experienced doula would be looking for around £650 plus travel for a full package and a mentored anywhere from expenses only up. I think £250 plus expencses for a mentored doula is a common amount where you are.

Mentored or recognised doesn't technically matter although some people will have cost as a priority and others will have experience. Neither is wrong. What's essential is that you 'click' and that goes for your hubby too :)

Mentored doula are actually allowed to charge what they like now Boofs. They just have to be clear about what their level of expertise and experience is. :winkwink:

:blush: I've obviously been walking about with my head in the clouds :haha: Thank you! xxx

It's only changed fairly recently to be fair chick x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->