Down in the dumps and preterm labour worries :(

L

LilMiss_91

Last few days I've just felt miserable. I feel so fed up of being pregnant now and I still have 8wks to go :( the constant pain in my hips and pelvis is getting me down, and the fact it's making it difficult to get around and do anything means I'm stuck at home bored.

And for some reason I can't shake the feeling this baby is gonna come early. I know it's probably totally irrational, there's no reason why I should go into preterm labour at all. According to the midwives and Dr's etc I have a perfectly normal, low risk pregnancy. But I just can't shake the feeling y'know? One of my biggest fears is having a premature baby and having to leave him in hospital to be cared for. Maybe that's why I keep worrying about it? But of course a little voice pops up in my head and suggests it could be "mother's instinct" which is ludicrous of course! Why do those little voices always tell you such unhelpful things? Lol.

Anyone else worried about this sort of thing? Or anyone felt like this before only for things to go completely fine?

Ye i worried heaps,.. Since I had a heavy feeling down low at 21 weeks And they check me for ic I have been so nervous... However I'm now about term and so can't wait to have him out now...

I think ya hear and read so much u freak ya self out...
Also I had a big fear of having to have a nicu baby...

Hope all goes well and u feel better soon xx

Thankyou :) I don't know why I'm so worried really as I haven't had any preterm signs at all, not even braxton hicks! It's good to hear a success story despite the worrying haha :)

Fingers crossed he comes out for you soon! X

I'm the exact same except iv had tons of signs! They caught the contractions on the monitor a few weeks ago but they weren't making me dilate so weren't effective thank god and was sent home and told not to worry unless I know of shit I'm deff in labour here! Since then however I have lost my plug and dropped, my bh are getting stronger by the day and the cramps iv been having are really quite sore but I'm trying to just shrug it off and do as they've said and not worry until I can't talk through my contractions! Although I'm unsure what contractions will actually feel like without my water breaking as I only started contractions are my water broke with my son but there's alot to be said for ' u will know when ur in labour'

I had a 4d scan yest as well and he's looking great and thriving he's a whopping 3lb 11oz already which has put my mind at ease that he's not going to be a wee teensy 2lbr should the worst happen!

If ur generally concerned I'd suggest speaking to midwife even if it just puts ur mind at rest! But I think we all need to just try remember that our wee bubbas are going to come out when they are ready and we just have to deal with what comes unfortunately, its just part of being a parent huni!

Totally get where it at though! I feel about 38 weeks already and ready for it to be over soon! But keep reminding myself I'm only 30 probably 31 actually weeks so its best for them to stay put at Least another 6 weeks

All will come good in the end xxx

I'm not worried about pre term labour as such but I keep reading stories on here of women giving birth at 38ish weeks.

My last day at work is 38+2 - I have a fear at the moment of my waters breaking in the office!

I'm the exact same except iv had tons of signs! They caught the contractions on the monitor a few weeks ago but they weren't making me dilate so weren't effective thank god and was sent home and told not to worry unless I know of shit I'm deff in labour here! Since then however I have lost my plug and dropped, my bh are getting stronger by the day and the cramps iv been having are really quite sore but I'm trying to just shrug it off and do as they've said and not worry until I can't talk through my contractions! Although I'm unsure what contractions will actually feel like without my water breaking as I only started contractions are my water broke with my son but there's alot to be said for ' u will know when ur in labour'

I had a 4d scan yest as well and he's looking great and thriving he's a whopping 3lb 11oz already which has put my mind at ease that he's not going to be a wee teensy 2lbr should the worst happen!

If ur generally concerned I'd suggest speaking to midwife even if it just puts ur mind at rest! But I think we all need to just try remember that our wee bubbas are going to come out when they are ready and we just have to deal with what comes unfortunately, its just part of being a parent huni!

Totally get where it at though! I feel about 38 weeks already and ready for it to be over soon! But keep reminding myself I'm only 30 probably 31 actually weeks so its best for them to stay put at Least another 6 weeks

All will come good in the end xxx

That all sounds so stressful! I'd be going absolutely insane by now! I think that is something that has kind of contributed to my worry, I had a big lump of mucus plug come away the other day and even though my midwife told me that it was perfectly normal it's still a niggle y'know?
Did they find any reason for you contracting?

That's good that he's a big boy! But fingers crossed he does stay in and get a lil plumper before he decides to come out haha :)

Oh definitely :) I'm just such an impatient person anyway and what with getting very achey and tired at this point it's just making me feel sooo fed up lol.

Thankyou :) I hope so! xx

I'm not worried about pre term labour as such but I keep reading stories on here of women giving birth at 38ish weeks.

My last day at work is 38+2 - I have a fear at the moment of my waters breaking in the office!

That would be awful lol at least you wouldn't have to worry about going into labour and being on your own though! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->