Down syndrome screening test

KellyLouise91

Reaction score
Is anyone having it or had it I got told it increases miscarriage so won't have it done anyone any different x

the initial part of the screening where they just do a measurement and blood test is perfectly fine, it's if they have to do an amniocentesis that can cause a misscarriage x

Just don't want anything going wrong with this baby I'm really scared to do anything :( x

i was never even offered it. I wonder why? :(

oh bless you!! the first part of the screening won't harm your baby. You get a letter through the post after the scan and bloods with your risk rate on and if its high like 1/100 or something like that you can choose to have an amnio to find out for sure but that choice is entirely upto you. I had the first part for piece of mind with my first baby and it came back as 1/100,000 !

I had it again yesterday with my 2nd baby and i'm just waiting for the results x

Just do the nuchal fold scan (measures fluid behind the baby's neck) between 11-14 weeks and have a blood test at the same time and then later at 16 weeks. That will give you a very good indication of your Down Syndrome risk in a totally non invasive way.

There is also a blood test called MaterniTY21 that tests for it without needing a scan, but it's only available in some areas

oh yes and also its a chance for you to see your baby and hear its heartbeat!! otherwise you'd have to wait until you're 20 weeks for the anomaly scan!! x

I don't know why i was offered it they didn't say I had to but I could see they wanted me to so I said yes but now hearing that it causes miscarriage there's not a chance I'm under the hospital anyways and on the 14 th June it will be my 3rd scan I've only known I was pregnant since the 24th of may aswell so quite slots happened just with me havin a molar pregnancy before this baby I'm so scared and worried they've put me on extra care :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->