Down to 2 each - is Kepler too odd?

zali2

Reaction score
I'm having boy/girl twins.

We're down to 2 boy names and 2 girl names: Quentin or Kepler, and Lydia or Ada.

Ada & Kepler are names of brilliant scientists. Lydia & Quentin I just like.

What do you think? I'm getting feedback that Kepler is too odd, but it doesn't seem nearly as odd to me as a lot of names I see around! I'm looking for not-trendy but also not-too-out-there.

Thanks!

Kepler sounds a bit made up. I prefer Quentin.

I prefer Ada and Kepler to Lydia and Quentin.

We're getting a cat soon and we're calling him Mendel. Not sure I'd be brave enough on a human!
Another one I like: Herschel

But all of these names are pretty out there, so if you don't want people to go "woah, that's an unsual name!" I'd rethink.

I'm all for science-y names. I say go with Kepler. There's a strong meaning behind the name. IMHO, Quentin is neat, but sounds a bit trendy. Kepler has legacy. Kep is a nice nn.

Ada was on our shortlist (hubby came up with it, loves computers, plus it's so darn pretty) -- but I'm scared to name her that since it's so darn close to Ava which was been name #5 in the US for the past 5 years. I feel like it will be a Kirsten - Kristen thing with my generation.

I like Ada & Kepler best they are different, not your every day names and I don't think Kepler is too Odd Kep is a cute nick name.

I really am not a fan of Kepler. I love the name Quentin though. For girls I prefer Lydia, Ada (I'm not sure why) reminds me of an old lady.

When you wrote Kepler...my first thought was the name Kemper which I like a tad better.

Don't worry about odd. People will grow into it ;)

PLEASE name your son Kepler! First of all, FORGET what everyone else thinks, because honestly, with a name like that, he'll go places and the fact that you would name him after a brilliant scientist is a wonderful legacy to leave your son. Quentin is terribly boring and redundant. We don't need another Quinn in the world. I am always impressed with a couple who is able to come up with a a unique name that doesn't sound like they were just showing off and I think you hit the jackpot. Ada is adorable, but I do agree that it sounds too close to Ava, the all-too trendy #5 pick of parents everywhere.

I like it. It sounds like Cutler which is the names my friends just named their son and i absolutely love :) im naming my son Canon- believe me i got my fair share of ppls harsh comments but i dont care i love it and its perfect for us :)

I'm really not sure on Kepler it's a bit way out random and made-up sounding (even though you have explained exactly where it comes from!). But maybe that's what you're going for!

I love Ada it's lovely. In fact it may go on my list since reading this thread!

DD is called Lydia - I wasn't wildly keen on it when she was born but DH loved it - now I love it too! Kepler is certainly different - if you love it why not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->