Downs syndrome risk high. Feel horrific ... any stories??

Wow that's really harsh. What hospital was that??

Keep us updated with the results xx

I will do! Fingers crossed bean is healthy!! xx

Hinchingbrooke hospital!! HORRIFIC hopsital! With my son they didn't believe i was in labour and after having ago at me for laying on the floor (i couldn't get comfy in the bed i liked hard surfaces) they checked me i was 9cm dilated at 3pm! Had to do it all with gas and air he arrived at 11:29pm with complications in the labour, was a terrible experience!

Currently have a solicitor involved as last year they refused to listen to the paramedic who rescued me from the A14 after i thought i was having a heart attack and him and myself said we think i have a blood clot from the pill i just started two weeks ago, they said no, it was a spider bite and then 4 days of me returning daily refusing to believe it was a spider bite and that i can't use my arm or hardly breathe, they said it was MS and got a junior doctor to do a lumbar puncture, who did it wrong, spent 20 mins trying, ruptured my back, then said they missed the fluid and wanted to try again, i said no.
That night thankfully my partner works for the armed police, he got me blue lighted to Addenbrookes hospital, not only had he reached the fluid he pierced through my spine causing two puncture holes, a haemtoma and severe fluid loss, meaning i had to lay vertical for 6 weeks over Christmas and 6 weeks loss of pay at work..

Now with this baby, they are yet again proving themselves to be unhelpful and completely incompetent.

I have phoned my midwife today and transferring myself to Addenbrookes hospital, which is the best in the UK by far anyways, and actually the same distance from me as Hinchingbrooke. xx

Your not far from me then I'm in Suffolk. What am awful experience you've had xx

Hinchingbrooke hospital!! HORRIFIC hopsital! With my son they didn't believe i was in labour and after having ago at me for laying on the floor (i couldn't get comfy in the bed i liked hard surfaces) they checked me i was 9cm dilated at 3pm! Had to do it all with gas and air he arrived at 11:29pm with complications in the labour, was a terrible experience!

Currently have a solicitor involved as last year they refused to listen to the paramedic who rescued me from the A14 after i thought i was having a heart attack and him and myself said we think i have a blood clot from the pill i just started two weeks ago, they said no, it was a spider bite and then 4 days of me returning daily refusing to believe it was a spider bite and that i can't use my arm or hardly breathe, they said it was MS and got a junior doctor to do a lumbar puncture, who did it wrong, spent 20 mins trying, ruptured my back, then said they missed the fluid and wanted to try again, i said no.
That night thankfully my partner works for the armed police, he got me blue lighted to Addenbrookes hospital, not only had he reached the fluid he pierced through my spine causing two puncture holes, a haemtoma and severe fluid loss, meaning i had to lay vertical for 6 weeks over Christmas and 6 weeks loss of pay at work..

Now with this baby, they are yet again proving themselves to be unhelpful and completely incompetent.

I have phoned my midwife today and transferring myself to Addenbrookes hospital, which is the best in the UK by far anyways, and actually the same distance from me as Hinchingbrooke. xx

My ds was born at Addenbrookes, they’re a great hospital. The new birth center was amazing!
I really hope they can help you there, great they can get you in.

Hi. I’m in the same boat as you. I got the call to say I was high risk. My scoring was 1:138. I declined cvs/amnio as didn’t want to risk it with what is highly likely a healthy baby. My risk based on age alone was 1:784(I’m 31)

For us personally if baby has DS it won’t effect our decision to continue the pregnancy. But I understand it is a unique decision to each family.

I eventually decided yesterday to have the non invasive nipt and had it today and expect results in 5-7 working days.

I also can’t understand how they’ve given you a result from a combined screening when they didn’t do one of the parts.

Please feel free to private message me if you’d like to talk about it more. As o completely understand how you are feeling xx

I think it's great you decided to go with the Harmony test. You wouldn't want to have unanswered questions with something like this, and it's more than likely everything will be just fine :) Lots of hugs and hope to hear good news!

My ds was born at Addenbrookes, they’re a great hospital. The new birth center was amazing!
I really hope they can help you there, great they can get you in.

I was born at Addenbrookes, back in the day!

Hi. I am now 21 weeks pregnant and when I had my combined test I was given a chance of 1 in 33, so about three times as likely as the chance you got.

I had the Harmony test done at £399 and it came back low risk. It was expensive but completely worth it for me. I was a wreck for the week while I was waiting for the results. This is our first baby and we wouldn't have terminated but I was upset anyway. Last week I had the fetal anomaly scan and all is looking normal.

In my case, the high risk came from my blood test results only as my NT measurement was better (smaller) than average for my gestational age at the time. I am guessing for your result they only combined your background risk with your blood test risk. I didn't know either that they could do that.

The only reason I can think of why they won't rescan you is if you are now past the gestational age where the scan can be done to have any meaning for the combined test (13+6 I think). I had to have two scans because at the first one, baby wasn't in the right position. My scan was originally at 12+4 and was then rescheduled for 13+3.

Good luck for the Harmony test, I hope you get your results soon.

I was given a high risk at 1 in 86. Got my harmony test results today and he has a 0.1% chance of down syndrome

I'm looking forward to hearing you ladies' results. :hugs:

My NT results and bloods came back 'high risk' for for DS, which here in the US is 1:227. I was really scared with those odds. It was a hard week of thinking and wondering.

I got the NIPT test and a week later found out I have a healthy baby girl in there. :)

The waiting was the hardest part. I would have done a CVS if NIPT didn't exist I think....I would just need to know, you know? So I am so glad NIPT is a thing now!!!! And I pray for good results for you as well. xoxo

I hope all is well and the baby is healthy! If your baby did have Downs Syndrome and you weren't able to take care of him/her, you could always go for adoption. My husband and I would love that opportunity! As I'm sure many others would :)

Thanks for everyones comments :)

Late yesterday i got my results and all was perfectly fine! What a relief!
So happy .....

Added bonus is ITS A BOY!!! :blue: I was desperate for another boy!

Yesterday was a good day!

Now time to relax and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy!! :blue::happydance::happydance:

Great news, so thrilled all is well with your baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->