Down's syndrome test

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
We've refused! I can change my mind but told the MW other week I wasn't sure but if I did it wouldn't make a diff & she said I may consider a no then!!

Has anyone else ever refused this test?

:)

My midwife said to me about this at the booking in appointment

She said they do the screening test and if you come back high risk you will be offered a aminocentisis (thingy i cant spell !!!) if if turns out the baby has downs you will then be offered a termination.

So she said if i would not have a termination, then dont bother with the test !

So yep i will be refusing the test too !

I didn't want it with Seren but I will have it this time so if there is anyhting I can get prepared, just think with Seren now I would need to get prepared. Nothing was said to me.

I refused it as well
Thats is really good reasoning though Beanie, i think if Emily had been younger I would have tought about having it more

*EDIT sorry just seen this is in 2nd Tri so didn't apply to me-sorry:blush:

Took it ...

TBH it made me feel better ....

xxx

I refused it as well
Thats is really good reasoning though Beanie, i think if Emily had been younger I would have tought about having it more

*EDIT sorry just seen this is in 2nd Tri so didn't apply to me-sorry:blush:
does apply to you - youve been pg lol

after this post I found out SC does want it so I'll chang ethat on Tuesday. Having it or not didn't bother me so I'm happy either way.

Still curious who did or did not have it or having ....

x

Took it ...

TBH it made me feel better ....

xxx
Me too!

Though I was not aware that I had an option to decline it. I dont think I would have refused it anyway...

I'd have made you get it some how louise we'd never of heard the last of it :rofl:

Hope your well not seen you on too much ... or I'm blind x

Didnt know about the test when elaine was preg with alana

getting the test done this time though

Had it both times. x

i refused it in my last pregnancy and again with this one today! i personally refuse it as if there was anything wrong there would be tell tale signs on the scan and i couldn't abort if there was a problem its still my baby

The thing to remember though it is only a screening test, it wont tell you if your baby has downs syndrome it just says if you are high risk or low risk, i know people who have had a high risk result and had healthy babies, it just caused a lot of stress as one particular woman didnt want to risk the amenocentesis for risk of miscarriage so spend the whole pregnancy worrying !!!

I had it done last time as they were doing other bloods at the time so though 'might as well' lol

We refused it. It wouldn't have made any difference to us either way. We'd waited so long to get PG that termination wouldn't have been an option under any circumstances.

Plus we knew we were having twins and I suppose it would have been possible to discover that one was high risk and the other wasn't. What kind of choice would that have been?

We decided that whatever was meant to be, was meant to be and we'd love them whatever.

I'd have made you get it some how louise we'd never of heard the last of it :rofl:

Hope your well not seen you on too much ... or I'm blind x
:cry: awww Im not that bad, surely? lol. At the beginning I admit I was a pain in the rear end lol. Worry, worry and more worry!!!!!!!!

Everythings ok with me, how about yourself? I havent been on much because the PC is in the nursery and we are decorating it, or atleast TRYING to! It would have been easier to disconnect the computer and put it elsewhere, but I couldnt be bothered. :rofl:
Ive been reading your posts, seems things are going good for you!! x

I had it and I know it's not 100% but my results came back as 1 in 13,000 v.v.low risk, the relief was fantastic it's such a weight off your mind...until you get closer to birth and panic about everything lol.

Cx

mine came back 1 in 19 and scared the crap out of me.

I've refused it, it wouldn't bother us if baby has downs

It wouldn't bothered me either but I would just like to be prepared this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->