Downs Testing in UK

M2B83

Reaction score
hi girls,

I know that every lady has different opinions on if they will do the tests for Downs Syndrome or not. We have decided we will and it seems that at our hospital they take the measurements from the scan and then take blood tests.
I believed it was just taken from the measurements from the scan?
Has anyone had the test and do you know how long it takes to get the results? I'm at the Royal Berkshire in Reading if anyone happens to be there too :flower:
thanks in advance :thumbup:

I got ours done with my last pregnancy, and it was indeed a blood sample (of the mother, not the baby) and the scan. We had our results back within a week.

I had the blood test at 10 weeks and ultrasound at 12. I think I got the results about 2 weeks after that.

With my daughter they took blood and scan measurements, said they'll call within a week if there was a high risk, otherwise they'll just tell you the results at 16 week appointment :) That was in London, I will be in Royal Berkshire as well this time (I think lol, not even had a booking in appointment yet)

Hi, I am at the same hospital as you! I am not sure yet. This is my first time at this hospital and where I was before, it wasn't offered. I have to decide by next week so I guess I should think about it. Tbh already I don't think I will have the test, but have to run it by OH first..

I had the test last time and will again this time!

As other ladies have said, they said they would call within a week after the scan if it was high risk, if not I would find out at 16 week appointment. They take a blood test and the measurement from the babies neck and enter that onto a computer along with your age to give you a risk, using blood tests as well as the measurement provides more accurate results x

thank you very much everyone! Much appreciated! Cant believe I am already 11 weeks and next weds will be our scan!
time dragged at the start and now its flying by! (thank god, I have not been a "joy" these last few weeks with hormones here there and everywhere!) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->