Dp's son has moved in with us, looking for other step Mums to chat too :)

LittleLady04

Mum of 4
Reaction score
Dp's son has come to live with us for good and so far everything is going really well. At the moment we don't have a spare bedroom for him to have so he is having to share with my oldest dd for now. But we are going to convert the garage into a bedroom for him asap. We also have a spare room at my MIL's that he can use from time to time if they need a break from each other till his room is ready. It has all happened on really good terms with his Mum so that has helped alot. Just hoping it lasts ..... :cloud9:

I am hoping to find other step Mums to talk too and get advice from :flower:

I am a step mum to teenagers but they don't live with us. But I also am a 'sort of' mum to my sister, she left my mum on bad terms and we're currently going to court on 12th August (my birthday!) and I'm going to get parental responsibility for her if all goes well.

With us, my sister's dad died (my step dad) when she was ten and we both knew she'd never cope living with mum. So he left me a lot of money in his will and I bought a house big enough for her to have her own room. She moved in with us a year ago, when she was thirteen, and we found a good school for her locally. Now she's fourteen and just going into yr 10 at school (starting gcses). It's hard work, especially as she has problems (mainly anorexia).

How old is your step son?

Aww hun, it is wonderful what you're doing for your sister and it sounds like your doing an amazing job too :flower: and hopefully the longer she is with you in your home the better her anorexia will become too.

My SS is 9, he's a lovely little boy and is great with my DD's. He's really completed our family :cloud9:

Hi :wave:

OH's boys from his ex marriage are 14 and 10. We don't see them as much as we would like and they've spent the summer hols over in Ireland with their mum's family so it's been a while. When they stay over with us, we pop my 2 in the same room together and the boys in the other (we have a 3-bedroomed house so no spare rooms at all)
The boys are lovely but their mum is a nightmare... she is a very bitter woman and has stopped at nothing to make things difficult, she fills the boys heads with crap and is very selfish. It can be really difficult at times, but we can only do our best.

There's a steppies thread in the groups and discussions boards - there is a link to it in my signature if you ladies are interested :thumbup:

Hi :flower: I thought there must be a thread for this somewhere but couldn't find it, lol. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.

Me and SS's Mum are getting on better now that he's living with us. I'm thinking I am feeling more relaxed towards her now that we have got him here living with us. Plus, it makes life so much easier if we all just get along.

I will certainly take a look at the steppie's thread :thumbup:

I feel for you not getting to see your SS's very often, before last week we only got see dp's son once, occasionally twice, a year and it was really difficult. But as long as they realise your doing everything possible for them and seeing them as often as you can I'm sure they'll both understand.

Hi!!! Its good to be able to talk to other stepmoms out there, I have a 7yr old SS that my husband has full custody of, he was granted custody almost a year ago but it was not on good terms but hopefuly the fight is over

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->