Dr Appt, Hospital Trip, & Bedrest.

mommie2be

Baking Baby #2 !
Reaction score
Yesterday my mom set up a doctors appointment for me because I was having headaches all day and I swelled up really quick. I thought it was completely normal and told her not to worry about it, but she's my mom so she couldn't do that.
Anyways, we got to the doctor and they said that my blood pressure was borderline high and i had +1 protein in my urine. Both signs of Preeclampsia, so the doctor sent me to the hospital to be monitored. I almost had a panic attack because the only cure for preeclampsia is to have the baby & Corey is NOT ready at 33 weeks. :nope:
When we got to the hospital, my sister & OH met us there (OH brought me a pink rose. :cloud9:) They sent me up to L&D and had me give a urine sample, hooked me up to the blood pressure machine that went off every 15 minutes. They put the fetal heart monitor on & the contraction detector too. Then they hooked me up to an IV, which didn't feel to great at all because it wouldn't go in first try ! But they said Coreys heart rate was great but I was having contractions ever 1-3 minutes and they didn't like that. They gave me a shot of steroids in my butt to mature Coreys lungs in case he had to be born early.
All of my blood work came back normal, no preeclampsia. But they predict I'll end up having it & Corey will come early so I'm off to the dr again today to get another steriods shot. Besides that, I'm bedriddin until Corey arrives. :cry:

BUUUT atleast I don't have to worry about buying winter clothes that fit, and It's only 4-7 weeks. :thumbup:

hope everything is okay and Corey doesnt end up having to come before he's ready :nope:

Everything is fine for now ! I think it was the hospital that caused the contractions because I wasn't feeling them until I got there. :haha:
They said he probably can hold off for a while, and that's good. We're really hoping at least a month ! That way he'll be full term.

fingers crossed he stays in there a bit longer! glad everything is okay so far though :hugs: take it easy

Hey, my sister had pre-eclampsia and had her daughter at 35+5 and she is perfect. Just because they are born early doesn't mean there will be anything wrong. Try to relax (Easier said than done I know) as stress will only raise your blood pressure. Put your feet up d let everyone run around after you for a few weeks.

I hope everything works out okay for you. X

Hang in there Little Man :hugs:

Must have been awful for you, OH sounds like a real sweety pie though! I hope youre little man stays put for a few more weeks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->