Dr Browns bottles the best? (UK)

Iren_iren

Reaction score
I plan to combifeed my girl, so started to do some research on bottles.
Are Dr Browns bottles really so good and minimize colic's?i understand they are fiddle to wash, but any other negative points?

With DS i had avent bottles which were fine and tommy tippee which he did not like and i found out about Dr Browns too late

Is there such thing as perfect bottles or its more down to personal preferences?

I believe it is down to personal preference. I tried Dr. Browns bottles with DS but wasn't a fan at all. He preferred Avent. I use Tommee Tippee exclusively with DD2.

I agree personal preference, my daughter did not take to Tommee Tippee bottles but Dr Browns were perfect and helped with her colic.

Xx

I have never used anything else, I have about 8 of them. No idea if they helped with colic, it never disappeared but maybe it would have been a lot worse. Never found them fiddly to wash though X

Thank you ladies,
I guess i have to get few different brands and see which one she prefers

I found them the best when DS was a newborn and impossible to wind but DS didn't like the teats, the only teats he liked were MAM ones, luckily they fit in the Dr Browns bottles. Now DS will take a Dr brown test if nothing else is offered but would rather not eat than take an avent or tommee tippee. This was annoying at first as the pump we had was avent. Really is down to personal preference, all babies are different.

ETA if you plan to combifeed maybe look for a bottle with a test that mimics the nipple shape. After a coue days bottles our DS would not breast feed at all, not a problem for us as we never wanted to breastfeed but we're basically forced by hospital but might be a consideration from you. Seen a lot of adverts for minbie bottles lately but no experience of them.

I combi-fed for 3 months (weaned out of preference) and DD2 had zero issues going back and forth from the breast to a Tommee Tippee bottle.

I combo fed for the first month and dd and she never had an issue going back and forth between breast and Dr Browns. I love them too. Dd doesn't have colic, but spits up like crazy, and the dr Browns bottles eliminate a lot of the spit ups.

I used Dr.browns bottles and they worth the money but I spend an hr cleaning 6. I am going to try another brand with this baby and keep this on hand but such a pain!

I use Avent Natural. They are shaped a little bit differently than the Avent Classic. I love them! No issues, easy to clean. I have the Avent sterilizer and bottle warmer too.

They were horrific. She got horrendous colic whilst using them and they leaked milk out like no other.

My two seemed to leak milk when they were younger, not anymore. It doesn't take me so long to wash them, not sure what I'm doing wrong/right. I always put them in a sterilizer after and they look clean :shrug:

It didn't take me much longer than a normal bottle to wash either.

:shrug:I scrub each part with the bottle brush and then take the little tool they give you to wash in the holes...with formula if each piece isn't scrubbed and the tool isn't used it turns like orange!

I never had a bottle turn orange in over 4 months of use.

They will leak if filled past the fill line, othwerwise I have never seen them leak.

i swear by these bottles, i did so much research on bottles while pregnant and am so happy with these bottles! they are so much like the real breast, my lo had no problem latching on and staying on, he definitely shows preference to these, because i tried an avent bottle after a few weeks and he wouldn't latch well at all. and he hasn't had any touches of colic whatsoever!! my favorite bottles for sure!

I really liked them but found after a few weeks we really didn't need them and switched to avent which have a similar teat, good anti colic system and less assembly. Prefered them but only slightly to dr browns. Never had a leak problem with Dr Brown's or discolouring.

I used them for ds, thought they were great and it didn't take me that long to clean them, hot soapy water, used that little tool thing then shoved them in a cold water steriliser. Had the bottles for a year and no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->