Dr is awful :'(

mummy2one

DS (8) OH (34) ME (30)
Reaction score
Hi ladies for the last couple of weeks Ive been experiencing cramps and back pain :cry: today I had had enough so decided to see my Dr and ask for an early reassurance scan as I am so scared its going to happen again :cry:

So I go to the Drs surgery and see the other Dr as my usual Dr is on holiday for 2 weeks, and he stares at me, tells me my pains are probably UTI related and not to worry, and asks me to do a urine sample for him to send off to hospital. I couldnt wee as just been to the toilet before going to see them, so he said take it home and bring it back before dinner. So I asked him if he had referred me for an early scan because given my past I am panicking about the cramps etc and he replies Im doing it now but it will probably be after new year you get a scan!! Well thats not early and I dont think I can take all them weeks of worry :cry: Im contemplating placing a complaint about him but dont know if Im just over reacting :cry: Ive been on antibiotics for a week and the pains are lower down than they were with my UTI so Im pretty sure its not UTI related, I just feel so let down and unsupported by the Drs.

Sorry for ranting and thank you if you read it all :hugs: xx

I can see how you are worried because of the recurrent miscarriages so I’m trying to put myself in your shoes as this must be worrying.. But cramps and pains are very very normal :) I can absolutely 100% assure you these are fine! He probably doesn’t want to send you for a scan because generally in my experience the only time I was sent for an immediate scan was when they thought I was having an etopic pregnancy :) or my life was at danger so because its just cramps and there is no bleed he probably isn’t as worried xx

I can see how you are worried because of the recurrent miscarriages so I’m trying to put myself in your shoes as this must be worrying.. But cramps and pains are very very normal :) I can absolutely 100% assure you these are fine! He probably doesn’t want to send you for a scan because generally in my experience the only time I was sent for an immediate scan was when they thought I was having an etopic pregnancy :) or my life was at danger so because its just cramps and there is no bleed he probably isn’t as worried xx

Thank you :) I know what hes saying I guess I just dont have anything to compare cramps and pains to :haha: as with DS I didnt get anything till 2nd Trimester apart from sickness so its all kinda new and worrying xx Thank you for reassuring me :) xx

Hey don’t worry about it your more than welcome… Its worrying when you gets these cramps I had them Saturday Night at a meal I had to keep going to the toilet and was in so much pain but then I asked me friend who is 12 weeks pregnant (6 weeks ahead of me) if this was normal as I couldn’t remember and she said yes it was she was getting cramps too :) xxx

Yeah the nhs is soooo busy the early pregnancy units are stretched too the max so basically the one who are bleeding excrutating pain get scanned !

Maybe just book a private one for reasurence !

I have had 3 private ones ! I tried too get one at early preg unit about 6 weeks but had no luck! And am ivf aswell x

Aww hun! I completely empathize with you. Waiting is the hardest part of pregnancy. Especially when you've had previous miscarriages. It sounds like your cramps are the very common kind. I have them throughout all my pregnancies. Later they'll feel like stretching and it's just your uterus growing for your baby. IMHO, I think you're doctor was right now ordering an ultrasound right now. Your ticker says you're 5wks 3 days. Giving you an U/S right now would likely send you into a panic because they likely wouldn't be able to find anything... At most, an "empty" sac. At this age, baby is just too small to see on u/s. So, as hard as it is, it's best to wait till you're more like 7wks so you can see the baby and his/her heart beating. You'll feel so much better when you see that heart flickering. Try to take it easy and if you start having bleeding or severe cramps, call the doc back. Sending you hugs! The waiting and unknown is a killer. But we're all here to support each other! Wishing you the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->