Dragging feeling down below (had forceps and episiotomy)

nicksi27

Reaction score
Is it normal to be nearly 4 weeks pp and still have a dragging/pulling feeling down below. I had episiotomy and forceps after a pretty traumatic birth and the scar has healed but every night I get this dragging feeling or through the day if I go for a walk with the pushchair and its driving me mad its so uncomfy. I've worried it's a prolapse but I can't see anything. In trying to do kegels but I can only seem to do them when I'm peeing and I know you're not supposed to do that.

Anyone else had this achiness? Should it be dragging on this long?

I had a ventouse delivery and a episiotomy and to be honest it's only just started feeling normal! However sex is a different story and I've it to go bk to the doctors for a check up! If you're worried just go to the docs....

I had aching round my tummy and down below for weeks, apparently some of it can be attributed to your uterus contracting down?! X

I had a ventouse delivery and a episiotomy and to be honest it's only just started feeling normal! However sex is a different story and I've it to go bk to the doctors for a check up! If you're worried just go to the docs....

I had aching round my tummy and down below for weeks, apparently some of it can be attributed to your uterus contracting down?! X

Thanks :) maybe I'm just being impatient. I just wanna feel normal again. I keep reading that after episiotomy you've gotta do pelvic floor exercises every day but its a bit annoying when you cant even feel your pelvic floor properly. I'd never go through this again, I actually wish I'd had a section sometimes

I had this after my first.
I didn't have forceps, but i was instructed to push hard on my back and he came out face up... Quickly! Wrecked my pelvic floor and gave me a bladder prolapse. Took about 6 months to feel ok and about a year to get as good is its ever going to be.

Don't let it put you off vaginal births though! My second was totally different, I knelt up and let the contractions push him out and he just kind of fell out with the last one! No tears and aside from being a bit slack (lol!) my vagina was back to normal in a week! In fact I'd say things are better now than they were before I got pregnant with #2.

Yep I felt exactly the same, was traumatised for months after, and I mean traumatised. However, nearly 6 months later, I have gotten over it and feeling better down below and no longer feel as upset about what happened.

It does get better and you will start to feel better about the whole experience.... The people who told me this, I didn't believe them, but turns out its true! And I rarely do pelvic floor and I'm fine! Lol x

I was exactly the same and was traumatised. Had forceps and episiotomy, it was a horrendous birth.

Got referred to the hospital for mine and was told I had a bladder prolapse. It all started to feel normal about 6 months PP.

I had a similar delivery and felt that way for quite some time. I think it was around 3 months postpartum that I started to feel "normal".

I had a completely normal, easy natural birth with only a small tear and to be honest, I felt this until probably about 3 months. I think you just need to keep at it with the pelvic floor exercises. I stopped doing them by about 2 weeks pp. Once I started to do them regularly again, the weird feeling down there seemed to sort themselves out. So just be patient but keep up the exercises. But it might also help to have someone to talk to about your birth. I think too often people discount birth experiences and say it doesn't matter how your baby got here as long as they're healthy. But it does matter. And trauma (physical and emotional) can manifest in all sorts of ways, including physical pain. So talking about it might help you start to feel a little better.

I had forceps and an episiotomy with Joel and I felt normalish down there from about 3 weeks pp. Now at almost 10 weeks pp I feel great. Definitely see your GP if you're concerned, but the dragging feeling will stay for a few weeks - my midwife even told me it would.

Defo normal. I had a forceps delivery and episiotomy and had the dragging feeling. It went after a few months x

I had an achey feeling as well (I had forceps and an episiotomy) and it was worse when I had been on my feet for most of the day. I no longer experience it but it probably lasted about 5 weeks in all.

I had forceps and epi...can't spell it! After 38 hours of labour. I had the heavy feeling for a couple of months and it went away.

I was having sex 6 weeks PP and everything feels exactly the same as it did before down there.

Yes! I had both as well! So painful & it def sucked for a few months after! But it does get better! Give it some more time.

Thank you all so much I feel much better. I guess I just gotta give it more time. Glad to hear you all recovered well :) the things we have to go through for our bundles of joy x

I had forceps and epi...can't spell it! After 38 hours of labour. I had the heavy feeling for a couple of months and it went away.

I was having sex 6 weeks PP and everything feels exactly the same as it did before down there.

Glad to hear everything feels the same ...I've been worrying about the prospect of actually having sex again. Might give it a few more weeks then contemplate it :p

I have the exact same thing. I also had forceps, Episiotomy, also ventouse and another tear, and a hellish delivery. It's four weeks tomorrow and if I go on a long walk I feel like my privates are falling out. It gets really heavy down there and i cant stand it. I'm also worried its a prolapse. I had physio last week for pgp/spd, now fine thank goodness, and the physio said it was normal and to give it to six week appointment. Also she said keep doing kegels. I find it really stressful and feel like my body is broken. At least my pelvis is fixed for now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->