Drastically gaining weight but hasn't had any more mile then usual?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Could anyone please explain this to me. I go to the baby clinic every 2weeks to get my bubs weighed however in the last 2weeks he has shot up in weight and even his height...he has had no extra bottles than usual...would you put it down to a growth spurt?...but even the how has he gained more weight then usual with no extra milk...

Could anyone explain please? xx

I'd like to know this too. It is exactly the same for Erin, she was on the 25th percentile line and now is on the 50th after not having anymore milk. she actually drank less milk in the last couple of weeks but still put on more weight than usual. I really don't understand it!!! xx

During growth spurts you might notice that they sleep more than usual or aren't as active during the day, as the energy they get from their milk is going towards growth instead of burning it off playing or moving around.

There are other things that can affect their weight though - when they're still small things like just having a bottle or a very heavy nappy can affect their weight considerably - if he'd just had a 7oz bottle, for example, but hadn't had a wet nappy before being weighed he'd be a lot heavier... different sets of scales can make a difference too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->