Dreaded brown spotting

makinababy78

Reaction score
Hi all, first post here. I've been TTC 3 months, this is my second try. I'm using IUI with Femara and HCG triggers.

On 11DPO, I registered a faint positive HPT.
On 12DPO, the HPT was slightly darker.
On 13DPO, the HPT is darker still.

So I'm confident it wasn't left over HCG and was registering pregnancy HCG.

I'm now 14DPO and decided to save my last pregnancy test until Sunday, 16DPO, with blood work on Monday.

However, now I'm having some brown spotting. Earlier today it was just a touch that I noticed on the TP, and then nothing after that. Now later in the day, it's more than this morning. Not AF for sure, but not just nothing.

I'm worried that maybe this was a miscarriage. :nope:

Anyone have something similar and still remain BFP? I know about implantation bleeding, but I was tracking temps and had a dip on Sunday, which was 9 DPO, and coincides with the light line on the 11DPO HPT.

Just looking for a little reassurance since I have to wait until Monday now for the confirmation blood work.

I'm going to use my final HPT tmrw morning instead and hopefully it's darker still and I'm ok.

Hi

I am 8 weeks on Monday and I had brown spotting for about two weeks on and off from about week 5. It was worrying but I think I am fine as my boobs are still tender and I am tired and Hungary. Hopefully you will be too. Fingers crossed for you

Xx

Hi, I think I'm 6+4 and I have spotted and bled lightly christmas week so full 5 days and now the odd brown discharge. I don't feel it was a miscarriage. Going in tuesday for scan, they wait until after 7 weeks. I still test and due to test again tomorrow. Hoping it's as dark.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Brown is old blood so could be the implantation bleeding coming away.

I have followed a very similar process as you. If you are getting darker and darker HPTs then that is not the HCG. HCG would show lighter and lighter HPTs. As for the brown blood, I was just told from my clinic yesterday that I may experience this and I am 5 weeks 2 days.

I would definitely suggest a blood test.

:hi: im 7+1 and saturday (6+1) i started having brown spotting and have had on and off since, wentin for my emergency scan today and found out everything is fine, infact its twins!

The general rule is, brown sspotting with no cramps is common, panic when your cramping witb dark red or alot of blood :thumbup:

Hope you have a positive result!

I have followed a very similar process as you. If you are getting darker and darker HPTs then that is not the HCG. HCG would show lighter and lighter HPTs.

I'm Confused - a darker test line on a HpT means more HCG, doesn't it??

Anyway, I tested again this morning since I passed out late and woke up early. Still a tiny bit of brown clotting (it's "clumpy" not streaks - sorry if that's tmi, lol)

The test is just as dark if not slightly darker than 13 DPO. (Today is 15 DPO)

Anxious for the blood work Monday! Really hope this is just normal left over implantation bleed, but that happened almost a week ago, would it really take this long to come out?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3
Also, sorry for the newbie question - what's the "x + x" numbers mean? I'm assuming weeks pregnant, but never seen it written that way!

I'm just guessing but wonder if she means if it was the HCG from the trigger shot the lines would be getting lighter?

7+1 means 7 weeks and 1 day.

I had some brown spotting at about 5 weeks. It was after sex but was told by the hospital that it is probably just implantation bleeding making it's way out. Try not to worry.

im 9 w 4 d today and ive had brown spotting on and off throughout, i had a bleed of bright red blood at 6 weeks but scans are showing ou babys doing just fine, its hard but try not to worry xxxx

Thought I would update the post that my blood test confirmed I am pregnant. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

My first scan is on Thursday.

Glad ur bean and u r doing good. i am 18 dpo and af would be due today. Been having brown drainage off and on. started 7dpo and left 12dpo. then started again 17dpo but very scant only when i wipe sometimes. no cramps just gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->