dreading going to see HV and Dr - updated

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
ffion has to have her jabs today and im going to get her weighed. totally dreading it.

ill update you all on it later but i know it wont be a positive trip

Awww hunny all babies gain weight differently. Hope her jabs go ok :hug::hugs:

good luck, hope it goes better than you're expecting :hug:

Good luck Tezzy! Caitlyn has her jabs tomorrow. Not even going to get her weighed this week.

Good luck, hope all goes well with her jabs xx

we're going at 1.30 ... gonna feed her lunch and a bottle before we go so hopefully shell have SOME weight gain this week

this really does my head in when teh health visitors and doctors put so much pressure on parents re the weights of their babies...as long as your baby is healthy and gaining some weight (as in not loosing every week) they are drinking they are smiling and happy then thats fine...we are all so different but still work the same!!

~They have a go at me about being too big, they have a go at my friend about being too small so how dare the nurse who looks like a pudding bowl even comment~

Id rather be smaller than so big, my friend says shed rather be bigger than smaller..wel never win willwe?? As long as our babies are feeding, burping, pooing and weeing who the hell are they to say they are not NORMAL!!!

good luck and dont get too worried

h x

thinking of you tezzy, your a brilliant mum, hope it goes well :hugs:

ah tezzy dont worry about what they say, why do they put so much pressure on you?
every baby is different, just like there are grownups that weigh different amounts and are different heights so there are babies like this too. as long as it isnt endangering her health. they really should not upset you like this- u know when i go to the baby clinic here ( its called a drop of milk lol weird.. anyway..) i just most of the time ignore what they said. one nurse told me not to rock the baby its bad for him.. good grief!

Good luck, tell the HV to get stuffed!

Ffions weight gain since birth has been:

birth: 7lb 7oz
10 days: 7lb 7oz
2 1/2 weeks 7lb 15oz
3 1/2 weeks 8lb 8oz
6weeks 8lb 14oz
9 weeks 9lb 15oz
12 1/2 weeks 10lb 12oz
14 weeks 10lb 14oz

and this week

17 1/2 weeks 13lb exactly!

shes gone from the 2nd percentile to just above the 9th

so relieved

ooo well done! She sounds like she is doing fab :D
x

brilliant news...when tommy was weighed he was 13lb 10oz at 14 weeks....they told me to make sure he wasnt eating too much as thts quite a lot for his age... i thought he was fine lol

well done

h x

Sounds like you had nothing to worry about, so glad you feel better now. xx

That is wonderful!!! And to let you know, my best friend's daughter was ALWAYS in the 2% and she is a healthy happy 6 year old, just a skinny little thing, but fine none the less. Don't let those dr.s worry you if you know nothing is wrong with your girl!

yey! i'm in the same position as you...did you do anything differently to ensure that gain?

:yipee: I'll bet your relieved hun:hugs: I always feel the exact same going to the hv btw:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->